ercole77

deployed computer remains unknown

Hi guys

i have this problem with SCCM deploy phase.

A deployment to unknow computers using PXE...the process begins, and i see a "unknow" computer under SYSTEMS.

When all is done i see the final computer name MININT-* with client installed NO and inactive but the UNKNOW computer still remains on the console. Looks like the unknow has to be renamed or something else but doesnt occour.

On the just deployed client itself i see only few Actions under Config mgr client.

Am i missing something?

UPDATE in ccm.log i have

---> Attempting to connect to administrative share '\\MININT-KU3QBND\admin$' using account 'domain\account' SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER 01/06/2012 15:31:09 4724 (0x1274)

---> ERROR: Unable to access target machine for request: "2097152087", machine name: "MININT-KU3QBND", access denied or invalid network path. SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER 01/06/2012 15:31:52 4724 (0x1274)

i changed sensitive info with domain\account but this is a domain admin how is possible it cannot connect to admin$?

another UPDATE......during deployment if i press F8 i can ping hosts by name and by ip. BUT i cannot ping the deploying machine itself from other hosts. Name is registered in DNS and regularly resolved but machine is not pingable..cannot understand WHY

How does the "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr" step look like in your TS? Did you change the default package? (see step5 in http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4468-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-7-build-and-capture-windows-7-x64/)

You say you only got a few actions in the client, so I actually assume the installation went through. Did you check to see if the site code is detected correctly? Also, you might try to update the collections memebership as I've seen that help in some cases where you only got a couple of actions in the client, although it souldn't really be needed since you installed the client during OS-deployment..

hi thanks for your reply.

Yes i created the configclient package exactly as that useful guide says. Installation was perfect, and i can see SITE code correctly; i performed domain join.

Now i have checked and unknow client disappeared, i see one MININT-xxx with client installed yes and another MININT-xxx (the same) with client installed no.

I think im missing something or something goes bad when client is deployed.

I cannot get rid of this error

-> ERROR: Unable to access target machine for request: "2097152087", machine name: "MININT-KU3QBND", access denied or invalid network path. SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER 01/06/2012 15:31:52 4724 (0x1274)

Try to connect manually to the admin share of the client with the same and with a different a account. Verify the password for the push installation account. Make sure the client firewall is configured correctly. Also check your DNS/DHCP configuration, does reverse lookup work?

here is ccm.log during client install on a client.

I have verifyed DNS and reverse lookup. During the install i executed pressing F8 "netsh firewall set opmode disable"

Without firewall it works but i have duplicate id in console, one with client installed YES and nother with client installed NO

ccm.log