anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 4. Adding roles and configuring custom Client Device Settings and custom Client User Settings

I am also a newbie and currently stuck on trying to either push a client install or using a batch file for it. Only when using the second method I see ccmsetup.exe *32 in the task manager, but it doesn't install. Just restarted and tried again, same issue.

So at this point I'm just trying to see if a manual install will work. From the client I am the admin and can map to the SCCM server c:\windows\ccmsetup directory. Then on the Win7 client, I do a Start --> Run, and type in: \\server\c$\windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe /mp:server(fqdn) /logon SMSSITECODE=U01

ccmsetup.exe is in the task manager, but pretty much hangs and nothing is installed.

Any advice at this point is helpful. I got it working just once earlier when using a VM, and now cannot duplicate it working any more.

Ok, this is a secret. Windows 7- xp clients, use right click tools thru config mgr, connect to the C$ share on each pc. Delete the ccmsetup directory on the clients windows directory. Then push or deploy the client and it will work.!!Ccmsetup, runs as a service thru sccm console! but not thruough right click tools.

The best way to deploy clients, have it on each new pc, push the client thru confg mgr, Have a gp to force install clients. Beware of firewall issues on clients , set up a gp to force domain firewall policy to be disabled. If its a remote client in another physical office that goes thru a cisco firewall , have your security team open up sql ports, windios file and sharing ports and WMI!

GET RIGHT CLICK TOOLS!!! DELETE OLD CCMSETUP DIR IN WINDOWS! Create Device collections to manage your computers easily.

part 5 covers installing the configuration manager client in an easy, supported, best practice method and it's fully automated, unlike Right Click tools which not every customer will be willing to install on their Configuration Manager servers

Thanks. Are you able to provide any info on the hardware/software firewall ports to open up as it seems like I can only ping the client that I want to install onto but I continue to get an error using Right Click Tools when trying to deploy the client to it.

Error:

Unable to connect to WMI on COMPUTERNAME

Invalid procedure call or argument (5)

Testing the CAS and P01 Hiarchy setup...as soon as I add the Application Catalog website point and Application Catalog web service point on the P01 they go into Critical status in the overview site status, i tried a clean try and followed the guide. Please advise

This issue magically got resolved over night all green bullets in status site reports

Edited by F1Online

Do you have a reccommended strategy for resolving the IIS ASP.NET issue in Windows Server 2012? The re-register command no longer works, and I haven't had any luck with any method of uninstalling/reinstalling the role. I can't get either the Application Catalog website point or the web service point to install without resolving this.

I'm facing issue with client installation. I receive error:

Couldn't verify 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\vcredist_

x86.exe' authenticode signature. Return code 0x80096010
InstallFromManifest failed 0x80004005
CcmSetup failed with error code 0x80004005

I'm using SCCM 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

Also I tried to install Hotfix 457899_ENU_x64_zip but when I extract it, it gives me file ConfigMgr2012-SP1-KB2801987-

X64-ENU. But my SCCM is without Service Pack.
When I tried to upgrade to SCCM 2012 SP1, it gives me warning "Configuration Manager requires Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) of at least version 3.0 SP2 with KB2720211 and KB2734608 installed". When I try to install either of these 2 updates, it give me error "The Upgrade patch cannot be installed by the windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch".

I'm afraid that If i continue the installation, WSUS will give me error stating "WSUS is not installed".

why are you installing the RTM version of Configuration Manager 2012, it's already at R2 level now which includes many hotfixes and additional functionality