anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 4. Adding roles and configuring custom Client Device Settings and custom Client User Settings

From my understanding, no. I don't use the Application Catalog heavily, but I believe that an administrator would need to login to the SCCM console and specifically look for any new software requests.

I'm told that there are 3rd-party addons, that will make this whole request/approval process smoother. I don't know the specific names of those add-ons, but someone else that uses this piece of the product could probably tell us some options.

From my understanding, no. I don't use the Application Catalog heavily, but I believe that an administrator would need to login to the SCCM console and specifically look for any new software requests.

I'm told that there are 3rd-party addons, that will make this whole request/approval process smoother. I don't know the specific names of those add-ons, but someone else that uses this piece of the product could probably tell us some options.

Thanks. I don't really want to install Exchange in my lab environment but I guess it couldn't hurt. I'll look into 3rd-party addons as well. We are just trying to find a smoother way for users to request software and have it approved. Ideally, we'd like our HR department, or at least a representative from this department to approve requested software based on our MSDN subscription number. We find that the process of tracking who has what license to be rather cumbersome (in the MPN and MSDN sites).

I found a great article about using System Center Orchestrator and creating an ASP.NET application to do pretty much exactly what I want. I am going to try this out. Thanks again for the information.