BzowK

SCCM 2012 Installation Issues - Cannot Find Solution - HELP!

Good Afternoon All -

I'm installing SCCM 2012 today for the company i work for. Previously, I've installed SCCM 2007 numerous times and 2012 about a half dozen times so am familer with the process and expected issues. This time, though, I'm getting something I haven't run into before and need help. Below is the environment as well as the issues I'm having. Please help! - Thanks!

Environment

- x2 Virtual Machines running Windows 2008 R2 x64 - Fully Patched

- One of the VMs has had the prerequisites loaded for SCCM and will be the dedicated SCCM server

- The other VM is for SQL. It has SQL 2008 SP2 CU9 Standard freshly installed.

Note: We will eventually put the SQL DB on out SQl Cluster - but - it's not up to speed on updates so currently isn't compatible. Therefore, I have created the above SQL VM with the lowest supported version of SQL so that once the cluster is upgraded, the DB can be moved to it.

- Created an account named "sccmadminsvc" with domain admin rights. It's set as a local admin on both the SCCM and SQL VM

- Created the System Management container under System and deligated full rights of the SCCM VM's hostname to it.

- SCCMAdminSVC is local admin on both VMs / SCCM Hostname is local admin on SQL VM

The Issue

I start the SCCM installation to set it up as a typical, primary site. I accept the licenses & enter key; enter updates path; enter in specs of site; languages; and set to Install the primary site as standalone site.

For Database information, Ichange Server Name for SQl server from SCCM VM's hostname to SQL VM's FQDN keeping the rest default. I use the SCCM VM FQDN as SMS Provider, then set to configure the communication method per role. After that a couple more things.

Now, it runs a prereq check before installing. After doing so, I get the following WARNINGS

- WSUS SDK on site server

- Verify site server permissions to publish to active directory

- Configuration for SQl Server memory usage

- SQL Server process memory allocation

- Site System to SQL Server Communication

I am used to a couple of those, but not the System Management container one and SQL Communication.

Details from C:\ConfigMgrPrereq.log (For the 2nd and last WARNING)

ERROR: Site server does not have create child permission on AD 'System Management'

WARN: Site server does not have delete child permission on AD 'System Management'

SVRSCCM02.domain.com; Verify site server permissions to publish to Active Directory.; Warning; The site server might be unable to publish to Active Directory. The computer account for the site server must have Full Control permissions to the System Management container in its Active Directory domain. You can ignore this warning if you have manually verified these permissions. For more information about your options to configure required permissions, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=233190.

ERROR: Connected to SQL Server but failed to execute query IF NOT EXISTS (select * from master.sys.server_principals where name='DOMAIN\SVRSCCM02$') BEGIN CREATE LOGIN [DOMAIN\SVRSCCM02$] FROM WINDOWS; SELECT 1; END ELSE SELECT 0

ERROR: Failed to connect to SQL Server SVRSCCM02.domain.com.

SVRSCCM02.domain.com; Site System to SQL Server Communication; Warning; A communication error has been detected between the specified site system and the site database computer. This error can occur when the site database server is offline or if a valid SPN has not been registered in Active Directory Domain Services for the SQL Server instance hosting the site database. Setup cannot continue.

What I've Tried

- Verified System Management container permissions

- Recreated System Management container from scratch

- Re-extended schema (Successful just like 1st time)

- Verified firewall is off

- Verified SCCMAdminSVC has sysadmin rights to SQLServer

- Few other small things

- Searched Google enough to be confident this error will be in top 5 searches of day

- Log file is attached -

It's very possible that it's something simple. Any ideas? If you have any questions, please let me know - Thanks!

Hey Niall - Haven't talked to you in a while. Thanks for the reply.

Yea - I'm signed into the server as my sccmadminsvc user which is a member of domain admins. I also tried adding it to enterprise admins as well but got the same results. Any more ideas? It's strange -

Thanks!

OK - I think it's resolved. After checking everything a million times, I went ahead with the install. Yes, it said setup cannot continue, but the Begin Install button was lit. I clicked it and watched it install. Successfully, too.

Once complete, I opened the console and the status for everything checked out (that was supposed to.) I still don't know why this happened, but it did.,