anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 5. Adding WSUS, Adding the SUP role, deploying the Configuration Manager Client Agent

Well perhaps that is normal. I double clicked on a workstation that had "Not Yet Reported" and then navigated to page 91 of 91 and it showed that the "Report Data Collected:" was today. When I went to that computer and checked the logs everything looked like it ran successfully.

post-18089-0-72053700-1356731635_thumb.jpg

When I opened the WUAHandler.log file for that client is is shows that the GPO setting for the WSUS was conflicting with the Client specified agent. (See Attached Capture2)

post-18089-0-29591400-1356731930_thumb.jpg

I removed the GPO setting and rebooted the computer and no more error (See attached Capture1).

post-18089-0-86814200-1356731782_thumb.jpg

Now my questions is, how can I verify that "Update Source {48888AAF-45AA-....:8530}" is the local Distribution Point and not the actual SCCM server?

Hi,

Thank you for great post.

I followed the steps -but on a stand alone primary site on 2012 server with SCCM SP1-

When I got to the point of "Post-Installation Tasks" of WSUS role, I cancelled it exactly as noted above and went ahead with CM configuration. Everything works fine now and I can use it flawlessly. There is one thing though that is bothering me! On my server manager, I keep getting this message from Windows that I need to run post configuration tasks for WSUS at least once!

And when I open Updates Services Console, it starts with a wizard asking me to run this! I always cancel/ignore it. Do you think I should run this as the OS says?

Thanks a lot.

H.

Hi Anyweb,

First, thanks for the guides! Very Useful.

One question:

When i have tried to install te WSUS role on the P01 Server, i have the following error (In french):

Erreur inattendue lors de l'actualisation du Gestionnaire de serveur: Element introvable. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x80070490)

In can't see roles or features installed in the server...

Any Idea?

are you a local administrator of that server ?

Yes, i was. I succeed to resolve the problem. I use KB947821 and the problem disappears.

Now my new problem is an authentification windows when i click on the link to application catalog? (from Software Center)

Why do i have this authentification? I try to connect with different user (smsadmin, an other domain user...) but i can't access to catalog anyway

Any Idea?

Hello,

First of, thanks a lot for this guide, it helped me greatly, I have followed your instructions and everything seems to work fine, I am able to deploy software and updates to clients that already have the agent installed. However, when I go to windows Update on computers that do not have the client installed, I don't get the one update found, I only get a message telling me the computer is up to date.

I started with SCCM 2012 RTM and Windows Server 2008 R2, I recently updated to SCCM 2012 SP1 (did an in place upgrade), I applied the KBs WSUS-KB2720211-x64.exe and WSUS-KB2734608-x64.exe and after that my SUP reconnected with WSUS (everything is in one server) and was able to sync. even after the sync, my computers dont get the client via windows update.

How can I check if there is something I'm missing and it's impeding me to install the agent via Windows Update?

Thanks,

Didier Caamano

Thanks for this great tutorial, this is my first experience with SCCM :)

I can't deploy the agent to my devices. There is no site code assigned to any device.

Looking into the ccmsetup.log file:

<![LOG[Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'http://W2012-SCCM02.company.local'. Error 0x87d00215]LOG]!>

<time="15:27:57.738-60" date="02-05-2013" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="2" thread="3932" file="ccmsetup.cpp:10926">
<![LOG[MP 'http://W2012-SCCM02.company.local' didn't return DP locations for client package with the expected version. Retrying in 30 minutes.]LOG]!>

<time="15:27:57.738-60" date="02-05-2013" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="2" thread="3932" file="ccmsetup.cpp:10752">

The SCCM Console

post-19056-0-22695600-1360076043_thumb.png

I have set-up my boundary groups

post-19056-0-70993800-1360076043_thumb.png

What am i doing wrong?