anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 5. Adding WSUS, Adding the SUP role, deploying the Configuration Manager Client Agent

Hi,

I have followed the same installation step configuring SCCM2012 , Everything went will , but i am not able to get the software updates to SCCM Server.

Below are my server configuration

i have standlone server for SCCM - Primary Server

Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

IIS

SQL Server 2008 R2 with CU6

Framework

Silverlite

WSUS 3.0 SP2

I am using SCCM and WSUS Server in same machine.

i have only issues with getting software updates for microsoft , i do have good internet connecting assinged to server without any proxy settings.

Error: Synchronization failure alert for software update point

Sync failed: WSUS update source not found on site NIS. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details.. Source: getSiteUpdateSource

Wakeup for a polling cycle

Remote configuration failed on WSUS Server.

I have reinstalled , WSUS 3.0 SP2 , Windows Server Update Services, Software Updated Point role..

Looking forward for hearing the update.

Hope the details helps to assist me in finding the solution

Regards,

Lokesh K

Have another question...I have a standalone primary with SQL 08R2 on the same server. Can I install the WSUS internal DB instead of using SQL 08R2? Or will I run into issues having the embedded version and 08R2 running together on the same box?

Hi All,

Thank you for these step by step guides, excellent. New to SCCM - Question with the wsus intergration?

Have only a primary. We had WSUS handling updates. After installing sccm we uninstalled\reinstalled wsus and followed the steps outlined. Set the automatic GPO policy to disabled for our workstations. Our servers we set the policy to not configured and not pointing to a automatic update site - we always updated servers manually and want to keep it that way.

Setting the server policy to not configured, seems that wsus is picking up all servers\but wsus is reporting this computer has not reported status yet- should I be concerned snice were not using wsus or sccm to deploy updates to servers?

SCCM is installed on server 2008 one of the servers wsus is picking up - Will there be any issues?

The local windows update on the SCCM server, should that be set to never check for updates, this setting causes SCCM software update sync fails according ot the log, if I set it to the check updates but let me choose, sync goes through

When the sync is successful, I see mostly expired updates in all software updates in sccm, is the sync not going through?

Thanks experts in advance, for your answers.

Thank you for these step by step guides, excellent.

thanks

Have only a primary. We had WSUS handling updates. After installing sccm we uninstalled\reinstalled wsus and followed the steps outlined. Set the automatic GPO policy to disabled for our workstations. Our servers we set the policy to not configured and not pointing to a automatic update site - we always updated servers manually and want to keep it that way.

you do realise you can use configmgr to patch workstations as well as servers, servers usually end up in collections that use maintenance windows to decide exactly when they get patched, it's up to you to decide what those patches are and what the maintenance windows should be.

should I be concerned snice were not using wsus or sccm to deploy updates to servers?

as long as you havn't configured wsus to deploy updates to those machines and as long as you havn't got a GPO pointing to WSUS as the source for updates then you should be ok..

The local windows update on the SCCM server, should that be set to never check for updates, this setting causes SCCM software update sync fails according ot the log, if I set it to the check updates but let me choose, sync goes through

is the Configuration manager server managed by a configmgr client ?

When the sync is successful, I see mostly expired updates in all software updates in sccm, is the sync not going through?

please review what I've posted in part 9 (and 10) to get a better overview of the whole sync process and deploying updates..

Hi I have been getting some issues when WSUS is deploying the client,

post-12738-0-62594600-1366583361_thumb.jpg

in the GP shown in the config it was listed as " SITE.Server.domain.local:port

I find that when the SITE included and the client forced to do a windows update

it just fails but when SITE is removed the Process seems to go through it detects

that there is an update to install it reports to be downloading and then fails.

the WSUS agent is seen to be installed the client has been seen to be downloaded

and is present on the machine

any ideas ????

keep up the good work with the site

Ade

ccmsetup.log

WindowsUpdate.log

Hi Anweb,

Do I need to set an GPO Specify intranet Microsoft update service location, and set it to Enabled it, if I have installed an standalone sccm server and put http://mysccmserver.mydomainname.com:8530 or not? I have installed SUP and set it so:

What should I do in GPO? Should I set too or not?

Thanks for help

post-17658-0-07558600-1368004288_thumb.jpg

post-17658-0-91313200-1368004289_thumb.jpg

post-17658-0-32344500-1368004291_thumb.jpg

are you planning on deploying the Configuration Manager client via the SUP or not ? that is why we create the Group Policy