anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 5. Adding WSUS, Adding the SUP role, deploying the Configuration Manager Client Agent

Hi,

I have integrated an external WSUS server to SCCM 2012, and then I'm trying to Configure the Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager but

I cannot see the Forefront under Products. attached an Image.

Note:

When I tryied to configure the Software Update Point for the first time, I was able to see all the products, so I can select the one I want.

This was happend after I have removed my first attempt of SUP, and then tried second time I cannot able see all the products but only can see the one from my previous selection.

any help much appriciated.

Cheers,

Keith

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Al8DKIB8ycZ0RvYkRYenBzUVU/view?usp=sharing

yes, we have configured the boundarys

we did miss the "assign to site" on the properties for the boundry Group, it is fixed now and it works.

But i have another question, can i somehow make the latest version of the agent to get installed during software update-based installation?

We are running r2 CU2 today, would be nice if the latest version gets installed so we dont need to upgrade it directly after installation (installed version is ...1000)

Hi,

Issue 1: I have WSUS and added the SUP role is added to the primary server.. but still the synchronization under monitoring tab in SCCM 2012 shows failed. Also some of the Office 2013 updates are not getting listed under "All Software Update" where in the patches have been release already.

Issue 2: I had pushed security updates to all the computers in my organisation.It went all smooth. But after a week, 4-5 people have raised an issue that the computer was showing a message to restart in 10 mins for the windows update. Dont know why this happened.

Please help.

Regards,

Rajni Kanyal

Ok I'll take a stab at this for you.

Issue 1 - Have you selected the categories that you are wanting updates for? Check the Wsyncmgr.log on the primary server.

Issue 2 - Did you disable Automatic Updates on your network? Do you have maintenance windows?

I'm having a strange issue with my SCCM 2012 R2 system after upgrading SCCM to build 1702 and the my Alpha client group to build 1703.  I've tried cleaning the WSUS database and re-indexing SQL Server 2012 on the SCCM server.  Those things went successfully but the error still remains.  Its only on several clients?  And I've troubleshot those WIndows 10 builds in several ways.  The error I'm getting is:  {736205EA-A73A-4196-BDDF-D530BC3180C0} 2017-05-08 21:33:22:340-0500 1 148 [AGENT_DETECTION_FAILED] 101 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 8024000d CcmExec Failure Software Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x8024000d

The Windows update GUI gives the same 0X8024000d message.  This doesn't seem to have affected any of the non-1703 builds on our campus.  Has anyone had a similar issue and have ideas?

Things I've tried:

1.  Rebuilding WSUS

2.  Eliminating SCUP third party updates

3.  Re-indexing SQL Server 2012

4.  Setting group policy to ignore WU in case its a dual patch issue (that did not help and I took it out of GP)

Brad

Our SCCM site originally had WSUS and SUP installed on it, they are wanting me to remove those roles from that server and move to a different server I understand we have to have SUP installed on the main server but we should be able to move WSUS and relocate it to a different server correct?  If so I would like some guidance on this because I'm having a hard time understanding the process.