anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 5. Adding WSUS, Adding the SUP role, deploying the Configuration Manager Client Agent

Been following this guide and doing fine up until this point. I'm not using a CAS, but only a primary server. For some reason, the SUP role is not listed as a choice. Am I missing something or do I need a CAS to use this role?

2rgnqjp.jpg

Nevermind, I found out the problem. The role was already set which was why it wasn't listed. I must've installed WSUS and the role from another guide here.

• Like 1

First off I sincerely want to say thank you so much for the work you put in to make these tutorials they're very well put together, very awesome for the "windows noobs" :D

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand with this one, ive been up all night and just cant figure it out.

Within my Software Center the link for Find additional applications from the Application Catalog is grayed out. I can browse to the site if i type in the URL manually (http://<<SERVER NAME>>/CMApplicationCatalog/). I'm not sure what I'm missing or if it even matters but I was wondering if anyone would know what could cause this.

Also I didn't get prompted to install my client on my test computer but when I went into Control Panel the Configuration Manager setting is there. Now when i go and look at devices the test computer states there is No client installed.

I'm not really sure whats up with this but any help would be greatly appreciated.

if you want the clients connected to that management point (on that primary) to scan against that sup then yes you should also have wsus and sup installed on the other primary.

Hi there. First off, I am very new to SCCM. I currently have SCCM SP1 (beta) set up in a lab environment. I have been able to successfully deploy applications to Windows 8 clients. I am currently looking at configuring WIndows Updates for my test clients. I have WSUS installed on my SCCM server. I am at the point where I am adding the site system role for Software Updates. In the Wizard I get to the point where it asks me what updates I want to synchronize. No where do I see Windows 8 mentioned. I see all the other OS's, but not Windows 8. When I look online I am told that SCCM 2012 SP1 will fully support Windows 8. Am I missing something? Does SCCM 2012 SP1 support Windows Updates for windows 8 machines?