gdadkins

SCCM 2012 Re-image managed computers

Question

All is fairly well in our SCCM environment (about to go live soon with new domain,etc.)

I have zero trouble F12'ing a unknown computer and applyin drivers through auto detect, or through a driver package.

Once the system gets up and is managed, lets say I would to image it again 6 months down the road (or in my testing case, half the day later). I re-advertise the original task sequence to a collection that the computer belongs to (ie. Windows 7, Test Lab, etc.) with available or required options, and it boots into PXE fine and hangs at:

"resolving selected task sequence dependencies"

I've tried modifing the original task sequence to either auto apply drivers if it was using a driver package, or vice versa with no avail.

Now, if I delete the object out of the SCCM console, everything works as intended, but it will not come up with the old active directory computer name as it's supposed to. This was working fine when I had first started doing test images, but now I'm scratching my head.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I can provide whatever logs from whatever location upon request.

Thanks,

Gary

7 answers to this question

well the failure is logged as

Setting wizard error: An error occurred while starting the task sequence (0x8007000E). For more information, contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator.

<![LOG[ExecuteSelectedTaskSequence(fpCallbackProc,pv,hCancelEvent), HRESULT=8007000e (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\client asksequence smbootstrap smediawizardcontrol.cpp,1484)]LOG]!><time="15:34:39.842+300" date="06-07-2012" component="TSPxe" context="" type="0" thread="1108" file="tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp:1484">

<![LOG[hrReturn, HRESULT=8007000e (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\client asksequence smbootstrap smediaresolveprogresspage.cpp,408)]LOG]!><time="15:34:39.842+300" date="06-07-2012" component="TSPxe" context="" type="0" thread="1108" file="tsmediaresolveprogresspage.cpp:408">

<![LOG[ThreadToResolveAndExecuteTaskSequence failed. Code(0x8007000E)]LOG]!><time="15:34:39.842+300" date="06-07-2012" component="TSPxe" context="" type="3" thread="1108" file="tsmediaresolveprogresspage.cpp:408">

<![LOG[ThreadToResolveAndExecuteTaskSequence returned code 0x8007000E]LOG]!><time="15:34:39.842+300" date="06-07-2012" component="TSPxe" context="" type="1" thread="480" file="tsmediaresolveprogresspage.cpp:221">

<![LOG[setting wizard error: An error occurred while starting the task sequence (0x8007000E). For more information, contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator.]LOG]!><time="15:34:39.842+300" date="06-07-2012" component="TSPxe" context="" type="0" thread="480" file="tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp:1504">

which sounds very like you have too many updates targetted to this machine - see this post for details of that.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/53f84517-0f84-438b-bf07-c828c5f2109b

Hi,

just wondering if you found what was causing the issue for you?

i have rebuilt a number of different task sequences and removed all unnecesary steps such as windows update installation and still getting the same error.

it does seem to have co-incided with the installation of MDT 2012 as a deploy sequence that mostly worked before now has the 0x8007000e failure also

AHAAAAA

damn this is rediculous but apparently the issue is because the system is known and in its other collection memberships other than OSD collection it has updates and applications available.

as per this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/da/configmanagerosd/thread/7e597b44-2586-4063-b6d0-cec48a7c11c7

even though these are not related to the OSD task sequence and would be intended to run post OSD on the final full windows install the boot image queries available deployments for the system and because of the quantity/size of the available items it fails

i will now be looking at whether specifying OS type or other requirements for install will allow the distribution of automatic updates and applications or whether it will be a case of removing all other collection memberships in order to reload a system.