wdspuzzled

WDS Not Images available for installation

Question

Hi Everyone

Got my PXE boot working now. I have experimented with several XP images. Once I added the network drivers into the Boot.wim I was able to capture the images and send them up to the server.

When I PXE booted and tried to deploy that to a PC with an Intel 865 board I got the following error "There are no images available for installation"

If I boot a HP 7800 or Intel 915 I see the full range of images I captured.

I captured an image from the Intel 865 up to the server and sure enough it was then available to deploy.

I thought WDS was not hardware specific.

I am missing something (don't say Frontal Lobe please !)

Anyone help?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hi Everyone

Got my PXE boot working now. I have experimented with several XP images. Once I added the network drivers into the Boot.wim I was able to capture the images and send them up to the server.

When I PXE booted and tried to deploy that to a PC with an Intel 865 board I got the following error "There are no images available for installation"

If I boot a HP 7800 or Intel 915 I see the full range of images I captured.

I captured an image from the Intel 865 up to the server and sure enough it was then available to deploy.

I thought WDS was not hardware specific.

I am missing something (don't say Frontal Lobe please !)

Anyone help?

Thanks

Hi I see you got the deploy images set up, which drivers did you use? I have tried the Vista drivers on the HP and Intel website for the HP7900 with very little success, I know the 7800 is not that different from the 7800, or is it???