Iroqouiz

Install Updates step fails in Build and Capture (error code 87D00272). Google gives me nothing

i tested it today and it works just fine (see screenshot), i booted from a boot media iso created the same way as you, for your info i'm showing you what my task sequence looks like and particularly the setup windows and configmgr step

installing updates fine.png

are you sure you have targetted updates (deployed a Software udpate group) to the build and capture collection ?

i tested it today and it works just fine (see screenshot), i booted from a boot media iso created the same way as you, for your info i'm showing you what my task sequence looks like and particularly the setup windows and configmgr step

post-1-0-22615200-1339873741_thumb.png

are you sure you have targetted updates (deployed a Software udpate group) to the build and capture collection ?

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Your TS in the screenshot joins workgroup, correct?

Yeah, I reinstalled the entire server. Using TS media works like a charm this time, it's installing updates like a boss.

Having some other issues though: My SUP seems to sync updates for a whole bunch of products and OS's that I know I didn't choose. I just chose Windows 7 and Critical and Security Updates, but it started giving me updates for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 etc. It's really weird. So my root folder All Software Updates now contains like 3000 updates :)

But I just filtered out the ones I want, so I'm good for now. But the next time I want to sync, it'll take forever again since it will want to sync for like every MS product known to man.

Before you ask :) yes, I did try to remove the SUP role and reboot. Added it again. This time I chose 0 products to sync and started a full sync. Returned 0 updates. I chose Windows 7 again, and ran a full sync. Still got loads I didn't want.

I checked the WSUS, and from what I could tell, it looked ok.