MR OCD

Deploying Office 2010 via SCCM 2012 RC

Hi All,

New to SCCM 2012 and gradually working my way round utilising the guides on here that have been VERY helpful!

I added Office 2010 to the software library for deployment so have created the package, then the application to deploy to the Catalogue and everything seems fine.

At the client users can select to install the software via software center / Application Catalogue. It then starts to download the software before running the installation... which is where I have hit a bit of a dead end!

Half way through the install I get an error:

Setup cannot find Office.en-us\ShellUI.MST. Browse to a valid installation source, then click ok.

Very odd as I assumed the client downloads all the files before doing the installation!?

Any advice on how to diagnose the issue?

Thanks!

Does it install correctly when you do it manually from the setup.exe?

Edit: I followed this guide and it worked to deploy Office through a device collection. Don't think I tried deploying it to the App Catalog, but it shouldn't make any difference.

Does it install correctly when you do it manually from the setup.exe?

Edit: I followed this guide and it worked to deploy Office through a device collection. Don't think I tried deploying it to the App Catalog, but it shouldn't make any difference.

Yes it works from the setup.exe fine ....

With SCCM being new in the company I didn't want to start enforcing software installs over the LAN without some user interaction hence deployed via the software center as available software that the user can choose to install at present.

I tested this on a fresh machine and it worked fine yet now I'm getting these errors.

Just tried on another client and same error ...

Checked the client and you can see the Office files have been copied to the ccmcache folder (that the user does not have access rights too?) but it does include all the required files so I suspect a permissions issue?

Any ideas?

Actually forgot to link to the guide:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2011/08/13/deploying-office-2010-with-configuration-manager-2012-beta-2.aspx

So if I understand you correctly: the App Catalog installation works on a clean test machine, with nothing else installed? But not on a computer in production, with other apps installed, perhaps Office 2007?

Checked the client and you can see the Office files have been copied to the ccmcache folder (that the user does not have access rights too?) but it does include all the required files so I suspect a permissions issue?

What does your program look like?

Are you trying to install Office as User or with Admin rights?

Users dont need Acces to CCMCache if you install Apps with admin rights.