TedLarsen

Asset Intelligence (Inventoried Software) in SCCM 2012 - How to set it up?

To inventory software you need to enable the asset intelligence synch point. The settings are desisgnated in client settings afterward. Here's some notes I have about that.

• Software inventory
    - set types to designate *.exe or *.dll (examples)
    - be careful with collect files - this actually collects the files themselves
    - Set names - artifact from past - shouldn't need to use it.

To inventory software you need to enable the asset intelligence synch point. The settings are desisgnated in client settings afterward. Here's some notes I have about that.

• Software inventory
    - set types to designate *.exe or *.dll (examples)
    - be careful with collect files - this actually collects the files themselves
    - Set names - artifact from past - shouldn't need to use it.

AI doesn't using Software Inventory at all. So there is no need to enabled it at all.

From the Inventories Software result, how can I find out the software is installed on what PC(s)?

Have you looked at the built-in reports, particularly "Count of all instances of software registered with Add or Remove Programs"?

I have single server and all the AI and scans work fine but not on a few machines roughly 5% i have checked all the logs to find no difference to a working one do you have any suggestions to where i go from here as i need the software scan populated on all machines for an audit

Cheers

I have single server and all the AI and scans work fine but not on a few machines roughly 5% i have checked all the logs to find no difference to a working one do you have any suggestions to where i go from here as i need the software scan populated on all machines for an audit

Cheers

Read this article, where does the Hardware inventory stop

for any of these PCs?

http://www.myitforum.com/articles/8/view.asp?id=11236

You need to set new classes in the hardware inventory in the client. They by default are not enabled. The classes that need to be enabled in order for your asset intelligence to pick up inventoried software are:

Installed executable

Installed Software

Both of which are Asset Intelligence classes. This will also then populate your Resource explorer on your systems with 2 new nodes namely Installed Executable and Installed Software.

After some time approx 1 day your asset intelligence node will populate with the software on all your systems!!

AI doesn't using Software Inventory at all. So there is no need to enabled it at all.

As Garth mentioned you do not need to setup your asset intelligence sync point in order for asset intelligence to report, I have not and all my sites asset intelligence node are populated with inventoried software after doing the above.

Rocket Man