Hi,

I have a task sequence which is working nicely and includes the client install step as normal. However, once the OS has been deployed it doesn't leave behind the CCMsetup folder in System32. I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour but once the OS has been deployed the agents never show up as 'client installed - yes' on the SCCM site server. If you then try to run repair on the client it fails as it cannot find the ccmsetup folder.

The task sequence wipes the disk, installs Windows 7 + drivers and then installs a few bits of software so fairly standard. Running SCCM 2007 R3 as a site server on Server 2008 R2.

I'm thinking it could be an issue with the client installer possibly? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

The CCMSetup folder will exist on all clients so that is not a problem, it is expected.

the client could be left in Provisoning mode: http://blogs.technet.com/b/configurationmgr/archive/2010/09/13/solution-after-a-configmgr-2007-osd-task-sequence-completes-the-client-may-not-automatically-pull-down-policy.aspx

Regards,

Jörgen

Thanks I'll have a read through that.

The thing is when I deploy the OS, its not leaving the ccmsetup folder behind. So like you say, where I would expect to see that folder its not present.

quick edit - That link you sent is exactly the status my client is currently in.