dani3l

Installed clients do not appear in the SCCM console

Hi,

i have installed the SCCM Client to our test machines (with the sccm console) and the installation works fine (ccmsetup.log shows no error). But i got the problem that the sccm console says that von this machine the sccm client isnt installed (waited about 12 Hours) and i dont know why. In Addition the problem appears too when i install the sccm client with a osd tasksequence.

In both cases the SCCM Client is installed on the machine, but i only have 2 actions availabe (machine & user policy retrieval...) and i have no idea why this happend. Have someone an idea?

Regards,

dani3l

"C:\Windows\CCM\Logs" on the client is where you want to start looking:

* check "LocationServices.log" - See whether it is picking up a Site Code or Not.And check any errors.

* check "ccmexec.log" - for any issues or errors.

this is also a very good source of info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925282, although it says 2007, the principles remain the same. another good source is http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/eskonr/archive/2010/11/16/smssccm_2d00_clients_2d00_installation_2d00_troubleshooting_2d00_check_2d00_list.aspx

:)

This logs says nothing, but last friday i found an error message on the server, which says that the sccm cant connect to the machine wmi.

I checked this and i only connect to the machine wmi with the hostname and not with the ip adresse. I removed the SCCM Client from the Tasksequence and installed the machine againagaint... and then i can connect to the machine wmi with the ip. I think this isn't normal because when i install the sccm after the task sequence, it works fine and the client appears in the sccm console.

Have someone a solution for this problem?