Oilers

What Folders should be inside the RemoteInstall Folder?

Good Morning Folks,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light for me. I'm wondering how many folders should live inside of the Remoteinstall folder? I currently only have 3 which are SMSBoot, SMSIMAGES, and SMStemp. I noticed that in my other Remoteinstall folder that have been renamed Remoteinstall.old that there are about 5 or 6 more folders.

I ask this because I recently had to re-install my PXE Service Point on my Primary server as it was being somewhat flaky and had some errors in the SCCM System Status Node. I followed the guide from here , uninstalled/reinstalled and thought I was good to go.

Later on I tried re-imaging a computer, I was able to boot from PXE ( recieved the x64 boot image ) but I recieved the following error after about 30 minutes or so at the step "Setup is Applying System Settings"

"Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass {specialize}. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Windows-Shell-Setup]"

I've used this image and task sequence multiple times in the past and everything went smooth so I'm not sure why I'm now facing this issue.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

It sounds like the PXE point is working great, and that you have a problem with the unattend.xml file instead. If you open it in the Windows System Image Manager which is part of WAIK. Are the unattend-.xml file valid?

Regards,

Jörgen