SysAdam

Client Push..Problem...

Are the errors you are recieving with clients on remote DPs by any chance??

When the client is pushed there are 2 stages it phases through...the first been the one you are getting with the basic install of the client.......after this the second part of the installation should take affect in which the client looks back to the MP to finalise the install (the custom client settings)...... I had similar problems but only with remote DPs....and it all boiled down to bad comms links between PS and RDPs......

Maybe this is your problem also...but not sure of your enviornment.

Eventually after some time the full client did install....but you wudnt want to be in a hurry to get software and images deployed.. :)

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Please also verify that your service locator points are published in dns.

If not, Change your ccmsetup install command to smsmp="fqdn of your site server"

Check your locationservices.log for more info, and verify that your boundaries are correct.

I have verified, that mine also says "Running as user "System" . Sorry about that.

Hi,

Am trying ti install sccm agent manually and getting the following error when checking the client log: GetDPLocations failed with error 0x80072ee2

Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'http://HMSCCM01..... Error 0x80072ee2

can you help me out. i have a windows 7 acting as a dp

thnks

Yassein,

This seems like a dns issue, look for the service locator points in dns, please refer to my previous post to change the command line, as this will refer the client to the site servers directly.

Also verify that there are no adm templates in your gpo, by running a rsop.msc, and looking under adm templates, under system that are pointing it to another site.