TronixS

Updates for Workstation with SCCM 2007 ?!?!?

Question

Hello,

we are testing SCCM 2007 SP1 R2 to installing Clients (WXP SP 1 / SP 2 / SP 3 and Vista) but there are many Problems.

We have a little Group of Maschines they are installing with no Problems and other doesn´t run, the find many updates (60 - 75) but they do nothing.

the Logs are not really helpful. The SCCM Client for our Test i deploy per GPO what goes fine.

Now i would find anyone where has same Problems or Tipps to fix it.

A College tells me i should create more Update Packages for the deploy but i don´t will do this, it is more Work for me.

Big thx for helpful informations..... ;)

with best regards........

André

look at this post

http://www.myitforum.com/forums/m_163614/printable.htm

does it help ?

cheers

anyweb

Thx anyweb but it doesn´t helps. i fight with many Problems and this or next week i will reinstall a new TestFARM.

The Problems are so strange:

A Client with Office 2003 SP3 becomes from SCCM a Update for Office XP SP3??? Why, i don´t understand. :blink: Normally the CCM Agent scanned the Workstation and deployed the Updates alone. What is wrong here?!

Okay, we have made a cascade because our problem to update more as 30 Patches still runs so.

Softwaredeploy himself works okay but it is simple not easy.

Can anyone tell me what SCCM has VARIABLES for Server, shares or other or who can i find them?!

Thank you.

with best regards.

André

PS: sorry for my bad english but i learn anytime anymore.

Hi,

we had fixed our Update Problem.

Solution: We must start WSUS 3.01 Console and delete with the automatic tool all older Patches, fixes and more.

Now we can Update all new and old Clients from Windows 2000 - XP - Vista - 2003 - 2008.

Best thx for your help.