hans.swolfs

OSD & Computername going beserk

Question

I have a Windows 7 deployment rolling and a very strange and utterly annoying problem...

I import all my new computers into a collection with a name they should be getting and their MAC-adress.

Deployment runs fine BUT for some reason after the deployment ALL computers have the same name; not even one of the names they should get but the name of a previous deployed computer (deployed with the same TS).

Above that, those 4 computers are imported automatically in my All Systems collection and from there on, I can't PXE boot anymore to deploy new ones or start over with the ones that went wrong...

Any ideas becaue I don't quite know what to do from here... :(

4 answers to this question

How do you assign the computer name in your task sequence? During OSD the computer name is not being set to the value you have assigned by importing into SCCM.

If you want to go this way and use predefined values for the name, you should use the MDT database and define the computer name there in the field for OSDComputerName.