hans.swolfs

Strange issue with importing drivers

Yesterday I imported VGA & Audio drivers for one of our mainboards that needed Win7 deployment.

All went well, created TS, deployed but drivers weren't correctly installed.

So I noticed that some system drivers weren't installed either so my guess was that it needed chipset drivers to be able to install vga and audio.

Downloaded the drivers from Gigabyte website and imported them, immediately assigning a category and inserting them in a driver packaga which had to be distributed.

After import as supposed to be succesful (all green), I didn't find the newly imported drivers under the Drivers section in SCCM console.

Tried importing them again, got again all green at the end of the wizard but still no joy in Drivers section.

I checked the DP for the driver package and files were added; they looked like the chipset drivers I wanted to import.

But still they didn't appear in my console. Rebooted server to no avail...

Now I'm just trying the deployment on 1 workstation to see if those newly added drivers are installed or not but find it very strange that they don't appear in the console.

Any thoughts?

Will post back with the result of deployment to see if drivers were installed.

BTW : drivercatalog.log was all red and stated that the drivers were already imported :s Go Figure!

I think the problem is solved now...

If I have it right, those drivers were already imported for another mainboard with partially the same components.

In my new TS, I had the step for driver installation also check the category of the earlier used mainboard and now it looks like everything is going as planned...