zahir

Deploy application using SCCM2012 with installor options

Question

Hi All,

I have an application which has contain 14 MSI packes and one EXE file, which will trigger the installation of 14 packages one by one ( it has sequence ) on the node system.

The issue is i need to pass the options like Eg. install.exe -i -a ,

i need to know is it possible to pass with installor options during package creation on sccm2012 for install the application on node system.

If possible could you please explain it ... or any other way to resolve it.

Please help .

Thanks & Best Regards,

Zahir Hussain

6 answers to this question

do you really need the install.exe? can't you just import the msi's one by one and then deploy them in the correct order?

if it's not possible without the exe, it is possible to pass on options but your exe needs to support them.

what application are you trying to deploy?

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i need to use install.exe for trigger the 14 MSI packags with out that it is not possible .

The product name is operation agent - Hewlett Packard.

Our install.exe has supports so many options like Eg. install.exe -i < Install> -a <Agent> -Mgmt_Srv < Management Server Host Name> -cert_srv <Certificate Server Host name> etc ........

Could you please let me know how to pass on options during create packages on SCCM2012.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Zahir Hussain

If you want to use the application model, you need to create a script wrapper (vbscript or powershell) which starts the install.exe and returns the exit code. Then you can create a custom app using this script.

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply , yes we have facility that can trigger the install.exe using wrapper script which is written in the vbscript which will trigger the install.exe internally.

But i need to know " How to do it ? "

Could you please let me know the step by step ........ thanks for your help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Zahir Hussain

Hi ,

In the browser i try to access http://15.154.78.127/CMApplicationCatalog/#/SoftwareCatalog/ and it shows " CANNOT CONNECT TO THE APPLICATION SERVER " The website cannot communicate with the server. This might be a temporary problem. Try again later to see if the problem has been corrected. if this problem continues, contact your help desk.

Could any body help me.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Zahir Hussain