tmiller_hockey

One Machine That Won't Image

I have one machine that is giving us fits.

No matter what we do, the machine won't image. When booting to PXE and after entering the PXE password it says that no Task Sequences are available for this computer. All my image jobs are deployed to All Systems and All Unknown Computers and every other machine works fine.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Hi,

Assuming you have the correct drivers imported into Sccm for this machine, it might be that the hard-drive operation is set to something diffirent than it should be in bios. See if you can set between Ahci, raid-on, and ata.

Keep me updated if this sorts out your issue.

Check the BIOS GUID/UUID - see if the Asset Tag information is missing or unique. We've seen this exact situation with systems where the motherboard has been replaced and the mfg did not set the BIOS information back up. If this is the case the motherboard will use a "default" UUID which when presented to SCCM is translated into the SMS BIOS GUID but it is not unique because it exists in the SCCM inventory (due to another system already using that GUID).

Unfortunately if this is the problem, you will need to get the BIOS set, usually by the manufacturer.