lufupa

task sequence not working

Question

Hi All,

lab setup= 2 server, one is a DC with dns/dhcp. the other is sccm with wds

i am a bit stuck with a problem where i can pxe boot a computer(bare metal), its gets to the screen where it says its loading winpe (background image is from sccm), preparing network connections etc & then it sits there for 1-2 minutes & it reboots. the task sequence does not load.

i have followed the instructions for deploying XP from this site.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Kass

content location failed, which means it can't find the content,

make sure to distribute your package to a distribution point (update distribution point if unsure)

content location failed, which means it can't find the content,

make sure to distribute your package to a distribution point (update distribution point if unsure)

A little side note:

When you just created a new package and you copied it to a distribution point then you have to wait a few seconds/minutes till its actually installed on the distribution point. (check your package status)

And if you do a quick PXE boot then your TS will fail if the DP isn't updated yet.

For me everything is working fine expect the application included in the task sequence not getting installed. I added package notepadd++, deployed to DP and the content status is 100% compliance. My task sequence is BOOT + OS IMAGE + CONFIGURATION CLIENT + NOTEPADD++ The first 3 steps are working fine but the Notepad++ apps is not getting installed in the task sequence.

What log should i look for to figure out why the application is not getting installed?

By the way the application (Notepadd++) is available in Software Center once the client system logged in.