dave23

SCCM 2012 - High Availability by using multiple MP roles within 1 site

Question

Hi All,

First time writer, long time reader! Looking for some advice on the following...

Environment:

1 x Primary CM2012 server

1 x Site System Server (with Management Point role installed)

What i am looking to do is utilise the new High Availability feature i have read so much about in the links below, so that if 1 MP goes down the other can still service clients.

http://technet.micro...ibrary/hh846234

http://technet.micro...y/hh846246.aspx

First of all, is this possible, and if so has anyone done this yet?

Niall - I would love if you could put together a how step by step guide to clear this up (i've loved the ones to date). ;-)

Secondly, i have actually attempted this by following MS's guide to SQL replica found here, and added the MP role to the Site System Server. I then installed the SMS Provider and console on the Site System Server. When i try connect to this via the admin console i get the error attached. I wanted to get the console working first before i mimicked a server failure.

"SMSAdminUI.log" also shows the below error. I also have numerous errors in the MP_xxxx.log files. Clearly something is a miss and hoping you guys can help out. I've confirmed WMI, SMS Admins access etc. Thanks in advance.

-----------------------

[1, PID:4420][07/02/2012 16:37:07] :System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException\r\nProvider machine not found

Parameter name: configMgrServerPath\r\n at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.Connect(String configMgrServerPath)\r\n

[1, PID:4420][07/02/2012 16:37:07] :Transport error; failed to connect, message: 'Provider machine not found

Parameter name: configMgrServerPath'\r\nMicrosoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.SmsConnectionException\r\nProvider machine not found

Parameter name: configMgrServerPath\r\n at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.Connect(String configMgrServerPath)

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.SmsSiteConnectionNode.GetConnectionManagerInstance(String connectionManagerInstance)\r\nProvider machine not found

Parameter name: configMgrServerPath

\r\nSystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException\r\nProvider machine not found

Parameter name: configMgrServerPath\r\n at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.Connect(String configMgrServerPath)\r\n

[1, PID:4420][07/02/2012 16:37:07] :System.Management.ManagementException\r\nNot found \r\n at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.ExecuteMethod(String methodClass, String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters, Boolean traceParameters)\r\nManagementException details:

instance of __ExtendedStatus

{

Operation = "ExecMethod";

ParameterInfo = "SMS_ObjectLock";

ProviderName = "WinMgmt";

};

\r\n

-----------------------

post-16651-0-90104800-1341221466_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question