pforeman100

UDI Wizard - Keyboard and Locale Settings not applied

Question

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me with an issue which is driving me mad. Currently setting up SCCM MDT2012 and the UDI Wizard to delpoy Windows 7 to new builds and also to migrate machines in place from XP to win 7

Everything works a treat apart from one area.

1. During the UDI Wizard you are prompted for Language, Locale and Keybaord and finally TimeZone.

On Completion the following is the case

The new MUI has installed as requested

The timezone is also correct.

--------------------

I cannot get the keyboard that I have selected to be available once the build has completed.

I know you can set this manually either in unattaend.xml or customsettings.ini but I dont want to do it that way I want our service desk or IT around the world to be able to pick the keyboard required and its installed for where ever they are.

I do hope someone can help me with this issue as this is my only outstanding issue

Thanks in advance

Paul Foreman MCP MCSE

3 answers to this question

Hi

Have you configured the Unattend.xml file to use the variables passed from the UDI wizard?

You need to change the following lines in the oobeSystem section of the unattend.xml file. Then it will work just fine.

<InputLocale>%Keyboardlocale%</InputLocale>

<SystemLocale>%InputLocale%</SystemLocale>

<UILanguage>%UILanguage%</UILanguage>

<UserLocale>%Inputlocale%</UserLocale>

Regards,

Jörgen

• Like 1

As Jorgen mentioned, adding the provided variables into the unattend.xml file should yield the results you want. To implement the specified settings you would edit the unattend.xml file by looking under the OS Info Tab of the Task Sequence properties within MDT. Selecting the unattend.xml button will launch the Windows System Image Manager (WSIM) which will allow you to edit the file with proper formatting and validation, helping to avoid errors. For a visual example of how this is done as well as many other Windows Deployment tools you might want to check out the Q&A session Everything You Wanted to Know and Ask about Windows Deployment with Stephen Rose, Michael Niehaus and Johan Arwidmark. The registration links from the blog will link you to the recording of the sessions.

Brandon

Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro

The Springboard Series on TechNet