lufupa

custom image & xp

Question

Hi,

could someone enlighten me on the correct process of deploying a custom xp image using sccm

the question i have is that do i still need to complete the various part in the sysprep file (product key, networking etc), when the task sequence to install an existing image contains those fields already?

what does the task sequence use? does it rely on the sysprep.inf file or the parameters in the TS?

thanks.

8 answers to this question

how are you installing the image ? is the image already created ?

image already created. created in the "usual" way by installing the OS, drivers & other customisations. once completed, it was sysprepped & imagex used to capture the image.

i am trying to install the image using SCCM OSD. i imported the image into OSD images, created a DP & updated it. created a task sequence to install existing image & advertised it to a collection that has a test computer.

the deployment works, but things like joining the computer to the domain & assigning an admin password dont. i am also having issues when the sysprep runs as its prompting for language files.????

Thanks

can you take a screenshot of your task sequence and/or export it to xml and attach it here ?

Hi

apologies for delay in replying. i have not been well & so have not done anything.

i will try again & get back with screenshot/task sequence if it still does not work.

Hi

apologies for delay in replying. i have not been well & so have not done anything.

i will try again & get back with screenshot/task sequence if it still does not work.

what log/s would i need to check to see why its failing to join the domain?

what log/s would i need to check to see why its failing to join the domain?

got it all working.

first. when i sysprep the xp computer. the admin password must be blank.

on the issue of joining the domain. within the task sequence, dont select the standard computers ou (if you want it to go into that domain). if you have another ou that you created then put in that one. see links below:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...2&SiteID=17

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...0&SiteID=17