j1mmyd3an

SCCM 2012 - OSD Error 80040104 - Failed to Run Task Sequence

Hi there, I feel as though I'm going in circles so it's time to post. I've done all kinds of read and troubleshooting but I haven't made too much progress. We're just starting to transition to SCCM 2012 and Ive been trying to set up "Applications" for deployment. The creation of them has gone just fine, but deploying them during OSD doesn't work at all. I keep getting the same error: 80040104 indicating that the content can't be located. Here is a snip of my error log:

Failed to find CCM_ApplicationCIAssignment object for AdvertID="CEC20001", ModelName="ScopeId_AFFEA77E-C578-470C-BFE4-536D339B3ACD/Application_23d88ad5-d7d2-4ea4-beac-30f7e398a1af"

Failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Code(0x80040104)

I have confirmed the following: My "Applications" deployed successfully to my DPs, the checkbox is selected to "Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence...", boundaries and boundary groups are defined and they have DPs assigned to them, and my Network Access Account has been defined.

What I find interesting is that my "Packages" seem to be working fine. I disabled all the "Applications" in my task sequence and I was able to deploy the OS and driver packages successfully. This leads me to believe that the issue is with my "Applications" but I'm coming up empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This forum has helped me out a great deal in the past so I'd also like to say a huge thank you to everyone who contributes here.

Cheers!

I have the same issue. It's with a Build and Capture TS.

Failed to find CCM_ApplicationCIAssignment object for AdvertID="P0120015", ModelName="ScopeId_B628F436-9C28-4C7C-B0D4-22805CC67031/Application_27dd8407-9569-4ce2-a957-82d3bd99ee36"

If you look at the reference tab of the TS you can figure out which application it is that's failing. In my case it's Radmin Viewer.

Z9SYB.png

Haven't figured out why it's failing, though. It's distributed to my DP, and I have Updated the content for the deployment type, just to make sure. As soon as I disable the Radmin Viewer step in my TS, it's working.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I've tried that but it just fails on the next "Application" in the TS. I've resorted to going back to the "Package" method of app deployment until I can get this resolved. I'd still love to hear more input on this as I would love to take advantage of the new "Application" deployment. Another interesting thing to note is that my "Applications" install fine through the new Application Catalog web service point. I can only assume that this means the "Applications" are configured correctly.

Thanks again for the input.

Seems like it's working now. I disabled my failing application and updated the content for the deployment type once more. I looked in smsprov.log and distmgr.log to make sure the update was successful. I then enabled the application in the TS again, and suddenly it started working.

Thanks again for the suggestion. This is a "deploy" TS, not a "Build and Capture". I've got my TS running successfully now after I switched everything back to packages. Weird that my "Applications" work fine through the Application Catalog though.

Any further suggestions are always appreciated.

Have had the same issues when deploying the OS with included Applications.

One workaround that does work is that I have the clients join a Prestage OU in AD and within SCCM these clients are all part of a specific group. Once the client has installed the OS I have a Required task sequence with all the needed applications waiting for the client to download and install. Once complete, I move the client out of the group and the OU to it's correct location and proceed with the next group. This is not the ideal solution that I would like to use, but as the ideal is failing continuously, this works as a bandaid.