togeoff

No SMS_SiteToSiteConnection_WIN found, but

ok this is how to do it (had the problem myself today !) this issue will occur when you install SCCM on a different computer to the domain controlller, in my guides I had SCCM setup and running on the DC, hence the differences...

To resolve this:

on the Domain Controller, login to Active Directory Users and Computers, enable advanced view

click users

right click and choose NEW, Group

make a new 'domain local' security group called SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_WIN and then make a new one for SMS_SiteToSiteConnection_WIN

change WIN to your site code,

the rest of the guide i wrote still applies (ie: add those accounts in AD to the local computer...)

cheers

anyweb

Thanks anyweb for solving that. I know I always appreciate it when experts such as yourself invest your time into this type of thing.

I will continue with your documents.

Just incase your curious, I have SCCM running and it works OK. My objective now is to follow your docs and learn how to push out Vista, as I know we will be doing that next year. I'd rather learn it now than at the last minute.

Again Thanks.

Geoff.

Are these AD groups necessary?

I am asking this because someone from our company installed SCCM 2007 without the AD groups.

Can I manually ad them later?

Btw this person that installed the SCCM doesn't work here anymore so its impossible to ask anyway :)

have a look at this post (which got lost when i lost two days data recently.... but I found the post again using googles cache

Brian Kirkegaard

Rating: 0

View Member Profile

post Yesterday, 07:41 PM

Post #4

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,527

Hi all,

Just to clear up a few things:

SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_sitecode and SMS_SiteToSiteConnection_sitecode are local groups created on the site server. The reason that anyweb had them in his AD was that the site server was created on a Domain Controller, which does not contain Local users and groups.

If you are deploying a simple setting with all roles on the same server these two groups will be empty and adding the "local" computer account means nothing. It's only when some of the roles are on other servers that these groups contains computer accounts. What's more - the other servers should be automatically added to the necessary groups during install/setup of the other ConfigMgr servers. The only necessary manual intervention will be if servers are later removed, in which case you should manually remove these computer accounts from the above SMS groups.

Best,

-Brian

have a look at this post (which got lost when i lost two days data recently.... but I found the post again using googles cache

Very nice guides Anyweb. I Digg it! :>D These have been a great supplement to stumble upon.

Just to coroborate, I installed SCCM 2007 on a server that wasn't a DC and the DB is remote. It created those groups as local to the SCCM server and added the DB server account to the SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_CVO local group. The other group is empty.

This seems to be working as intended and I'm assuming that we should skip that part of the configuration guide.

Thanks again! Great work.

-Gorilla

so how did you find this place ? yes go ahead and skip that part and continue as normal, i will make a change to that part of the document,....

cheers

anyweb

so how did you find this place ?

My trusty friend Google I'm sure. I've been doing all kinds of reading on SCCM, Server 2008, and SQL. These guides have been one of the most reliable resources I've found.

Right now I'm wending through client discovery errors (warnings) due to multiple active WINS 00 records. Not sure why MS Products can't just use DNS solely yet, and my DB is remote so apparently something causes the connection to drop in the night and I can only get to the local console again by rebooting. I'm close to asking in a new thread, but I'm hoping to figure it out and learn in the process.

Cheers,

Gorilla

ok this is how to do it (had the problem myself today !) this issue will occur when you install SCCM on a different computer to the domain controlller, in my guides I had SCCM setup and running on the DC, hence the differences...

To resolve this:

on the Domain Controller, login to Active Directory Users and Computers, enable advanced view

click users

right click and choose NEW, Group

make a new 'domain local' security group called SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_WIN and then make a new one for SMS_SiteToSiteConnection_WIN

change WIN to your site code,

the rest of the guide i wrote still applies (ie: add those accounts in AD to the local computer...)

cheers

anyweb

Hi Anyweb, Quesiton, but first, thanks for posting documentations for installing SCCM 07 sp1. My question is that when I installed SCCM on my virutal Win2K8 w/ SQL Question2K8virtual and joined the company domain, I don't see the two groups as well. Now, I'm on an OU - Do I create the two accounts on my OU\Users or on the main company.domain.net\Users?

Thanks very much again.

hi Jovin

is AD on a separate server to your SCCM server ? if so you can ignore this bit and continue.

cheers

anyweb

hi Jovin

is AD on a separate server to your SCCM server ? if so you can ignore this bit and continue.

cheers

anyweb

Yes, it's on the main company server. But when running ConfigManger Console, and checking on the Site Status, I get 3 critical and a Warning regarding SMS_MP_DEVICE_MANAGER, SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER, SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER, and a warning on SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER.

those errors could be related to anything and you'll need to read the logs of each to see what it's complaining about,

when installing an SCCM server and then configuring it you should expect some errors in the system status particularly if you are doing a few reboots....

cheers

anyweb