Gomz

Deploy apps via TS - Stand-alone media

Question

Hi all,

I have been actively using SCCM 2007 for quite some time to sucessfully deploy applications, run scripts and perform custom tasks via my distribution point to inhouse workstations... As a result my company wish for me to provide Stand-alone media to a remote office so that they can start utilising the same base image for deployment, and also the same applications.

I have created stand-alone media to deploy windows 7 and all is going great... now I am tasked with getting a list of applications to be installed in an offline manner.. can this be done with Stand-alone media?

I have attempted to do this, however the process has generated an error... please see the attached log

Any assistance would be fantastic :)

smsts.log

4 answers to this question

Yes dont worry about that.. its just a catch all incase existing versions are installed, I have flagged this stage to continue on error anyway

What I merely need to know is, is it possible to install apps via a task sequence based on stand-alone media?

When attempting to use well known and working sequences.. the kinds of errors I am not used to seeing is this:

Failed to unregister Task Sequencing COM Interface. Code (0x80070002) TSManager 10/07/2012 15:21:16 3100 (0x0C1C)

Missing TS Progress UI executable C:\_SMSTaskSequence\sms\bin\i386\TsProgressUI.exe. TSManager 10/07/2012 15:21:16 3100 (0x0C1C)

I have created stand-alone media with task sequences that install only applications (no OS).. and tried either auto running the media from within windows, and also booting off it in the WINPE environment, but both fail :(

It just seems odd that in order to use standalone media merely for installing apps, I have to assign a boot image.. all I want to do is leverage all the work I have done creating and testing my application deployment sequences, but then putting them to further good use

Hope that helps clarify :)

Hello

I am also facing the same issue, I have two TS one is OS and other one is for Application

Both are working when i deploy through Network But If i deployed through Media the application TS fails with error Missing TS Progress UI executable C:\_SMSTaskSequence\sms\bin\i386\TsProgressUI.exe. TSManage

Can anyone help to resolve this