wudevr

Issue with SUP on a Remote Server

I setup a remote SUP in my lab following the instructions from this site http://www.windows-n...-remote-server/

Great info, thx!

I then setup a remote SUP in my production environment and I'm having a problem. I want the SUP to also download the patches for SCCM. In my lab I launch the SCCM console and create the search folder, patch list, etc. and the patches are downloaded to the SUP. but in production the SUP doesn't have the SCCM console installed and I am unable to install it. I want the SCCM console to be on the SUP in production like it is in my lab so I can download the patches to it. Any ideas on how to get the SCCM console on the SUP?

Hi,

Have you tried installing the Admin Console from the SCCM Primary Siter server where it is available under the Tools folder? In SCCM 2007 it hasn't been supported to install the SCCM console on for instance a secondary site server.

Regards,

Jörgen

Thanks for the reply Jörgen.

I'm not sure what you mean by installing the Console from the tools folder?

When I look in the Tools folder on my Primary Site server I have a 'VirtualApp' subfolder with a couple of .sms files and a couple of VB scripts.

I don't see where the Console is available under the Tools folder.

Hi,

I assumed you where using SCCM 2012, then the consolesetup is in the Tools folder. If you are using sccm 2007, run setup from the sccm 2007 installation media and select only to install the console.

Regards,

Jörgen

When I try to install the SCCM Console on the remote SUP, I receive an error: "Setup has detected that this computer is a site system for an existing site. Configuration Manager components cannot be installed on this computer"

I just wish I knew what I did differently on my lab SUP to have the console on it.