TheProj

SCCM 2012 has a ghost?

Used all the great guides here to get SCCM 2012 up and running. I am up to only 15 test machines getting inventory, pushing software, etc but it was running great. Well I pushed the client install to one machine in a device collection that contain 7 computers. So as I am watching the ccm log so I can understand its process. I all the sudden see more than just the one computer in the device collection of seven in the log. Knowing something is not right and I can not deploy to over 1000 computers I shut it down. Did some quick googling and deleted the *.ccr files in

CCR.box,

CCR.box\inproc, and

\inboxes\ccrretry.box after stopping the sms executive service. No matter how many times I have done this it continues to try to push out to the entire company (assuming) every time i reboot the box or restart the services.

Any suggestions or just blow the box away and start from scratch?

ccm.log

I have the same problem...couldnt get my client push to install on one particular machine today and when i opened up the CCm log it was continuously trying to push the client out to several machines......most unsuccessful even though i know that the client is already previously on these machines...the ones that showed as been successful were machines that i know for definite would have been turned on at the time...

Is this usual behaviour outputs for this log??

Does ccmsetup always try to install without been requested...i do know when i initially set up my enviornment which has several remote branches...the client installed itself on several remote machines even before i had the DPs set up.....Is there a setting somewhere for automatic site client push or something like that because I am unable to explain as to why the client installed itself on these machines by itself without been pushed??

I am selecting the machine in question from the collection and right clicking and install client and go through the steps...I select the 2 bottom tick boxes. Just after checking the log again and i have not tried to push out a client in about 8 hours and it is still continouously trying to install on several machines.

ccmlog.PNG

Any ideas how to stop this?

I am not sure if this is a problem or not as I have followed the steps provided in the fourms in setting up SCCM and I have not had any problems, I am still able to install software, OSD and reporting etc..at all sites(DPs), as i said i would not of noticed this log up until I could not install the client on one particular machine and then i went digging and found this......I installed the client manually on the machine and it is fine and showing as active now and pulling it's policies as expected!!

After doing more digging and i think i have found my problem anyway maybe it is your problem too. On the client installation properties I have it configured for automatic site wide client push...thus the reason for the ccm log to be always active...and of course there will be failures as these machines may not be on as i am supporting over 20000 machines in my enviornment....

client push.PNG

I am not going to change this now.......... as the old saying quotes "don't fix what's not broke" B)

Good morning!

Anyweb - I am opening my device collection, selecting the one machine I want to install the client on, right click, and install client. The summary of client push installation even shows the one client I picked and states Resources to be installed from site: 1.

Rocket Man - I wish that was the case but I never enabled it and doubled checked to make sure it was disabled.

I hope I can figure this out because otherwise I can't go to production with this ghost.

Anyweb its a single server with sql on a seperate box.

Got it to finally stop well so far this morning its behaved. Well I lied I attempted a client install on one machine and I keep getting :Unable to connect to WMI (root\ccm) on remote machine" and on the error on the machine side says "didn't return DP locations for client package with the expected version".

Anywas, besides deleting the CCR files you must stop and start the SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER service in ConfigMgr Service Manger.

Thanks for the help!