Kevin79

SCEP reinstallation

I'm having an issue with one of my clients. I applied the SCEP policy to that group it belongs to in order to have it install SCEP. The installation failed with

[EppSetupResult]

HRESULT=0x8004FF00

Description=Cannot complete the System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Setup Wizard. Another Windows installer is already running on your computer. Please close the other program or restart your computer, and then try running this wizard again. Error code:0x8004FF00.

How do I have it try to reinstall SCEP? It failed a week ago and the computer has been rebooted since then.

just make sure it's in a collection targetted with custom client settings that enable installation of the SCEP client.

Hi,

It should auto-retry upon failure, as per the retry interval as long as it's managed by a scep policy template, which should be deployed to its collection.

Note, this system must obviously have a client already installed to it.

These things take a bit of time, so don't worry too much.