tsdsr

Update application source files and distribution

Hi,

I am having an issue with updating an application's source file and redistributing the content.

I am running Office 2010 Access installation using "setup.exe /config Access.en-US\config.xml"

The problem I am having is the original config.xml has the option to install Publisher. I changed the XML but everytime the application downloads to C:\Windows\ccmcache it has the old config.xml present.

I have tried to redistribute the content on under "Content Locations". Also tried removing the content and distributing it once more. It seems to succeed but I still get the old files.

Have also tried turning off the option that lets you download from other clients on the same subnet. I stil get the old files.

I clear ccmcache each time to force a download of the files.

Does anyone have any ideas or know what log files might show up what is going on?

Cheers,

when you have removed it have you checked your DP share to see if it has actually removed from its ID folder?? I assume you are distributing to DP and specifying it to create share folder in the data access tab of the software properties??

Rocket man

I would instead of dealing with XML editing use OCT create custom msp that you need and just call the specific msp needed . Root of office in cmd type setup.exe /admin.

Other make sure when you make your changes you redistributed it to your DPs.

I had similar issues with the same application as well :). In the Software Library, find the application. Click on it. You'll get 3 tabs along the bottom. One is Summary I believe, the next is Deployment Types and the final one is Deployments. Click on Deployment Types. Right click on the program in question and select "Update Content".

That SHOULD get the application redistributed. I too tried to "redistribute" via the Applications settings but this did not refresh the Content Library for me.

See how that goes.

Thanks guys,

I stumbled across the redistribute option like St3yr mentioned and this seems to work now. I noticed the long ID of the deployment has some .1 .2 .3 etc on the end must be revisions.

I think with your solution TheProj you can only run setup.exe /adminfile xxx.msp once. We already have general user MSP install we use for the Office installation so can't use another MSP install.

Thanks for the help guys learning new tips everyday!

Cheers,

You can have as many MSP files in the one package as you wish...just name them different and add a new program for each with xxx.MSP extension as commandline

example

setup.exe /adminfile custom-office0.MSP

setup.exe /adminfile custom-office1.MSP

setup.exe /adminfile custom-office2.MSP

setup.exe /adminfile custom-office3.MSP

You still have only one package but with lots of programs...at deployment you can specify which program to add....enjoy!!

Rocket Man