Darrenr

Custom report

Question

Hi,

I need to run a report which shows operating system, last user logged in and whether the machine is still active or not. Our Ad is a mess at the moment and i need to find out how xp machines are still out there as we are trying to migrate to windows 7. Has anyone got a report already that they are willing to share or can someone point me in the right direction, i have just inherited the system and no nothing about it.

thanks

darren

2 answers to this question

create a collection to query AD to see which macines are XP.....from this collection you can see how may XP machines there are, whether they are active, and have they got a site code...if they do not have site code this means they have not had a heart beat in such a period of time depending on the time period specified at configuration time....mine is 2 years and if I see machine with no site code i delete it, both form SCCM and AD

http://www.windowsadminSPAM!/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=136

• Like 1

Hi Darren,

Hope this helps....

Create a report and paste in the text below which should show you the computer name, the last logged on user, the operating system and whether the client is reporting.

SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership.CollectionID, dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership.Name, dbo.v_GS_OPERATING_SYSTEM.Name0,

dbo.v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.UserName0

FROM dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership INNER JOIN

dbo.v_GS_OPERATING_SYSTEM ON dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership.ResourceID = dbo.v_GS_OPERATING_SYSTEM.ResourceID INNER JOIN

dbo.v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM ON dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership.ResourceID = dbo.v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.ResourceID

WHERE (dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership.CollectionID = 'XXXXXXXX')

ORDER BY dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership.Name

Replace XXXXXXXX with a collection ID. You can find this by right clicking on a collection in ConfigMgr and selecting properties - should be listed at the bottom. It would be easiest to setup a collection to query for this information but if you don't know how to do that yet use the All Systems collection which should contain everything the database is aware of as such.

Cheers,

Doug

• Like 1