tsdsr

Content Location Best Practice

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is a best practice use of Content Location field when creating new applications.

I had an install of Smartstream I was doing and copied some files from our finance server to my source directory and created my application. The problem I found is that the program has some links back to the install directory which was now C:\ccmcache instead of the finance server network share. Also finance do their own patching and modify some of the source files on the network location which will automatically patch their client.

Generally the install was done with a .bat file just pointing at the installer on the network share.

So this time I created an application and didn't set a content location, pointed the command line at the installer and provided the network share as the start in field. Everything installed fine.

So my question is what is the "best practice" for installing apps. Is this legit way of doing things or is it intended that we already download source files to ccmcache?

Cheers,