Howard

Automatic Deployment Rules for patch managment

I am implenting ADR for patch managment and I am having a bit of a Property filter issue.

I would like to create an ADR that creates monthly deployments for my patch managment that I have control on when deploying. So I have checked Create new Software Update Group under general and cleared the "enable the deployment after this rule is run". My problem is setting up the property filters under software updates. Here are my concern:

If I check "date released or revised" and set it to last 30 days, my first Software Update Group will only have Updates valid for the last 30 days. If I don't set that time frame it will create a new group each month with all the current updates and over time that will put me over the 1000 update mark esplecially if I incorprate SCUP. What should i do to set that first deployment or how should i setup my property filters?

Any thoughts?

@Jorgen - I think thats the best way to do..I sync the software updates, add a search criteria by selecting the required product, setting expired = no and superseeded = no. Then select all updates, create software update group and add them to new software group and atlast create a ADR.