kumar

deploying vista sp1

Question

hi all,

can any one assist me in solving this issue, i have deployed the windows vista sp1 using sccm 2007 and i have followed all the steps mentioned in "HOW CAN I DEPLOY WINDOWS VISTA SP1 USING SCCM 2007" from part1 to part 5.

But when i boot my client machine with PXE boot it is throwing an error "NO BOOT FILE RECEIVED"

CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME ON THIS ISSUE

you need to verify that you have created a Distribution point for the package, then update the DP for that package, if its a boot image then it should be also distributed to the PXE share....

you need to verify that you have created a Distribution point for the package, then update the DP for that package, if its a boot image then it should be also distributed to the PXE share....

I just don't get its always that same package that fails.

Configuration Manager Client Upgrade => thisone has been created like the manual you made and it seems he always gets errors there. I just checked that there was a distibution point, and i have done a manual update of that distribution point again.but it keeps on failing.

I checked if the distribution pack is really there and it is. But i wonder if its normal whats in the distribution pack itself. I have added an attachment of whats inside that Distribution Pack.

post-2737-1239094100_thumb.jpg

it looks ok but something is obviously wrong, what have you missed ?????? double check everything

I only know of one thing that i had to do differently. The Network Access Account i had to recreate afterwards cause it was blank. I'm now recreating package by package. I saw the error weant to another Distribution point where he stated that same error. I also saw in SMSTS.log that now it saw 2 Distribution Packs.

Can it have something to do with this perhaps?