Kingen

Change the background visible when PXE isntalling

Just a note, I was having problems with my custom background showing up. I did everything correctly, but the background would always be black.

I was editing my image in GIMP and making sure to save as a 24 bit image, just like the source. After almost pulling my hair out getting this to work, I decided to try another image editor, just in case.

After using Paint.NET to edit the image, it worked perfectly.

So, I don't know if there was an additional setting I should have checked in GIMP or what, but thought I would share in case any other poor souls encounter the same thing I did.

Kingen you should change RUN FROM DP instead of downloading the WIM and then applying , saves u like 15mins :)

+1! Every once in a while I'll forget to make sure it only runs from DP and I wonder why it takes so much longer :)

Lets face it though - once you have an entire computer migration down under two hours - whats another 15 minutes between friends :)

Isn't it a real pain to tick that box on the Data Access tab of 50+ packages, wim files etc? And it doubles the disk space too, right?

Does anybody know why there isn't a checkbox like on applications?

I only wish that there would be an option in the task sequence properties to apply this setting for all dependant packages. That's where it belongs to from my point of view.