anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8 in UEFI mode using Configuration Manager 2012 ?

told ya ;-)

to resolve you'll probably have to point out which one contains the WIM file, probably index 2.

haha , but i did point to the 2nd img index in the step "apply operating system" during deployment of that wim... Well now im gonna try win 7 se if i can get that to work :D

Edit,

Windows 7 UEFI = Success! :D

It sure is! going to try Server 2012 nex, i wish i had a newer modell to test with so i could boot from network and still use UEFI. Getting a mac client next week that is going to be intresting to se how easy (or hard) it will be to get the client on there :)

It sure is! going to try Server 2012 nex, i wish i had a newer modell to test with so i could boot from network and still use UEFI. Getting a mac client next week that is going to be intresting to se how easy (or hard) it will be to get the client on there :)

Hehe how do you bear with it, is it really that "fun", am i missing something, it goes a little bit faster to boot a computer with UEFI, and that's it? Are there any other benefits that i have missed? :P

Hehe how do you bear with it, is it really that "fun", am i missing something, it goes a little bit faster to boot a computer with UEFI, and that's it? Are there any other benefits that i have missed? :P

hehe there sure is, check out this link by MS

http://assets.msleap365.com/content/lpguid/htmh/250ED933C4A146A4BC59BA835603DBEF.htm

Check out the movie under Hardware "Delivering a secure and fast boot experience with UEFI" :)

well the coolest thing atm i think if you have a SSD and running Windows 8 you can boot and be on the desktop in like 5 secs. Thats quite impressive :D

This is all great info, but what if I need to deploy to a UEFI tablet with no legacy bios option, and my task sequence media to copy to USB stick is greater than 4gb? I can't seem to figure this out. I can create stand alone media >4GB and copy it to a bootable USB stick and get it to work fine for standard bios, but when it comes to a UEFI device i'm struggling to get it to recognise the USB stick. Can anyone point me in the right direction?