jackface_o

issues deploying power management SCCM 2007 R3

Hi All,

I want to use powermanagement. I have installed SCCM R3. When I right click on the site and go to properties, it shows:

R3 Installed: Yes

Build number: 6487

When I click help -> About System Center Configuration Manager the version number is Version:

I have reporting services installed also. I have an SCCM server and a reporting server with MS SQL Server 2008 R2 installed. I believe I have followed all of the instructions to enable power management from this page:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ptsblog/archive/2011/03/08/configure-power-management-with-sccm-2007-r3.aspx

However the following issues occur:

• When I right click on a computer and run resource explorer I see Power Capabilities and Power Settings, but I do not see Power Management Day or Power Management Month.
  • If I run the powervwr.exe on the machine (or connect to it remotely) I see data in Power Config and Power Events but I do net see any graph under Day Activity.
  • When I run power reports they show as having "no data".
  • I have a test machine where I completly removed and reinstalled the SCCM client, then re applied the R3 client hotfix. When I launch Configuration manager from control panel, and look under components I see: ConfigMgr Power Management Agent version: 4.0.6487.2157, but the issue is still occuring.

The strange thing is the production servers which don't have the R3 client patch installed are reporting daily and monthly power activity, show the graphs and the correct entries in resource explorer. Old clients also reported this data correctly up until they where patched. As I understand it, it shouldn't work at all until it is patched ?

I have checked the following:

• Power management options are set in SMS_def.mof
  • Power management client agent is enabled
  • Hardware inventory client agent is enabled and scheduled to run
  • The test collection that the test client belongs to has power management enabled
  • I have installed hotfix KB977384 and KB2536089 on the server
  • I have rebooted both servers

In the server inventory records, we can see the following entries:

Pragma delete found in inventory group MICROSOFT|POWER_MANAGEMENT_ACT_DAY|1.0. Deleting group... SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER 8/15/2012 10:37:23 PM 9168 (0x23D0)

Pragma delete found in inventory group MICROSOFT|POWER_MANAGEMENT_ACT_DAY|1.0. Deleting group... SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER 8/15/2012 10:37:23 PM 9168 (0x23D0)

Begin transaction: Machine=SRVDDV044(GUID:E8775B85-0DAE-429B-A7F5-EA3431051759) SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER 8/15/2012 10:37:23 PM 9168 (0x23D0)

I also tried re-downloading the SCCM R3 client patch from microsoft, completly removed the client from my test machine and re-installed it, then installed the R3 client patch but still the same result.

Microsoft are recommending that I delete and re-create the SCCM database indexes. Can anyone help ?

I rebuilt my test machine and replaced the following files in the \CCM directory from a client that was not patched:

•PwrAgentEndpoint.dll

•PwrEvents.mof

•PwrEventTask.dll

•PwrHinvProv.dll

•PwrInvProvider.mof

•PwrMgmtPolicy.mof

•PwrMgmtSchema.mof

After restarting the SMS service there is power activity, no idea why that works