oloughran

OS Deployment Issue Win 7

Hi Folks,

i've not long move from sccm 2007 to sccm 2012, i migrated over the things i need packages drivers wim's tasks etc. so my issue i'm trying to image a pc with our custom image.

everything works as normal until my task sequence gets to the apply operating system, the operating system gets downloaded onto the client as it should, i get the screen "starting windows" then i get an error msg (see error 1) if i click ok the pc reboots then i get another error (see error 2) then the pc will go in a loop if i click ok it will reboot and display the same error message.

I'm at a loss so if anyone has come across this issue and knows how to resolve is, and help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Owen.

post-17240-0-52164800-1346077979_thumb.jpg

post-17240-0-29967500-1346077982_thumb.jpg

folks just to let you know,

i found the problem, there was nothing wrong with the unattend.xml as there shouldn't have been since i only migrated it, i never edited it at all, anyway my problem turned out to be the "source folder" path i had set for my MDT Settings package.

well the source folder came over from my old sccm 2007, it was set as - \\servername\e$\osd\mdtsettings which it didn't like, once i changed the path to - \\servername\osd\mdtsettings i re-run the task and it worked.

so thanks folks for your help on this issue.

Owen.