slice16

Multiple Primary Sites - SQL Replication Issue

Afternoon All,

I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction, as I am hitting a bit of a brick wall.

I am in the process of building a multiple forest SCCM hierachy that will have two primary sites that report into a CAS. The setup will be the following:

SCCM SITE CODES:

CAS - Central Administration Site

POC - Primary Site in AD.local

DEV - Primary in MS.local

SCCM Servers:

SCCMCAS.ad.local (Central Administration Site)

SCCM01.ad.local (First Primary Site)

SCCM01.ms.local (Second Primary Site)

Database Configuration:

SCCMCAS and SCCM01 both sit within ad.local and have a dedicated SQL instance on an SQL 2008 R2 SP1 cluster.

SCCM01.ms.local sits within ms.local which is a trust domain with ad.local. This machine has its own dedicated SQL instance.

Issue

I have successfully added SCCM01.ad.local to the hierachy and replications shows as healthy. The SSB ports are set to 4022 on sccmcas01.ad.local and 4023 on sccm01.ad.local. This also passes the Replication Link Analyser without any issues.

When I add SCCM01.ms.local it sets itself to Initializing, which seems to start counting up through the %;s. However, this then fails the CAS to POC replication link. When I check the Link Analyser log file, I get the following error message:

</DoesBrokerConfigurationExist>
[url="http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=92#"]-[/url] <DoesBrokerConfigurationExist ssbPort="[b]4023[/b]" SqlInstanceName="[b]ms-sql01.ms.local\SCCM[/b]" SiteCode="[b]POC[/b]">
<Result HasRun="[b]True[/b]" HasPassed="[b]False[/b]" />
[url="http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=92#"]-[/url] <Description>
<Detail Name="[b]isValidEndpointCertificateExists[/b]" Value="[b]True[/b]" />
<Detail Name="[b]isServiceBrokerConfigCorrect[/b]" Value="[b]True[/b]" />
<Detail Name="[b]isServiceBrokerRouteConfigCorrect[/b]" Value="[b]False[/b]" />
<Detail Name="[b]isServiceBrokerLoginConfigCorrect[/b]" Value="[b]True[/b]" />
<Detail Name="[b]result[/b]" Value="[b]Service broker route [ConfigMgrBGBRoute_Local] is missing or has incorrect address [] for service [ConfigMgrBGB_SitePOC]. Expected address [LOCAL].[/b]" />
<Detail Name="[b]isServiceBrokerLoginCertificateCorrect[/b]" Value="[b]True[/b]" />
</Description>

As soon as I uninstall the DEV site, everything starts working again. The only think I can think of is a port conflict on the Service Broker connection. I didnt think this would be an issue as the POC and DEV primary sites use different SQL Servers. Is there a best practice available when configuring multiple sites?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Ok after some more research, the broker service relies on Broker routes to manage replication traffic between the various instances. In this case, adding the newly created instance has upset the balance.

It appears to be have the [LOCAL] route within the POC instance. Is there a way I can view all the routes?

thanks

Has any one got any ideas as to what this may be?

I have looked a little more into the SQL configuration and can see that there is a route called ConfigMgrBGBRoute_Local, which is configured for the service ConfigMgrBGB_SitePOC and is set to local:

servicebrokerroutes.png

From what I can see, everything is setup correctly?

Thanks

Paul