tjddx

How SCCM manage the boot image in PXE boot process

Hi, I have a question about how SCCM control which boot image is using in PXE booting.

I have 3 version of boot image A, image B and image C, created in SCCM and copy to the remote DP.

The image C is crashed and then I delete the image C and make a new one image D,

but I found the PXE boot will use image B not the new one image D.

Really no idea about how SCCM manage the boot image?

Please help me to get clear.

Thank you very much :-)

Hi, I have a question about how SCCM control which boot image is using in PXE booting.

I have 3 version of boot image A, image B and image C, created in SCCM and copy to the remote DP.

The image C is crashed and then I delete the image C and make a new one image D,

but I found the PXE boot will use image B not the new one image D.

Really no idea about how SCCM manage the boot image?

Please help me to get clear.

Thank you very much :-)

Hi bro,

Did you mean that the boot image under OSD? Can you explain a bit about boot image crash? Like you could not deploy the OS or it just did not work. For me, I only have two image boot for x86 and x64, and I did not use default boot image from SCCM. Cheers,

In addition to specifying the boot image in the task sequence, SCCM will always use the boot image from the MOST RECENTLY ADVERTISED task sequence for PXE booting. Therefore, to ensure you are using boot image D, you should create a new advertisement referencing a task sequence which uses boot image D. I beleive you could even then delete that advertisement, but the site would still have that boot image referenced in WDS as the boot image (for that parrticular CPU architecture of course).

There is no way to manually specify a particular boot image to be used to PXE boot if you have multiple. Its an oversite in SCCM in my view.