gokhan76

Abortpxe message keep coming new Trial Sccm 2012

Hi Guys,

I am just testing the SCCM 2012 in our envrionment,

I was trying to boot one of the VM's and another physical machine to capture reference image.

I got stuck at abortpxe.com section.

I attached my PXE logs.

How can I check my SCCM 2012 setup correctly in terms of distribution point.

Please I need some help I would like to solve this mystery.

Document.txt

Are your boot.wims distributed and configured for PXE?

What do you mean by this??

Rocket Man

First of all thanks for replying...

Now I have reference Lenovo Desktop which has installed all the necessary tools and applications and I would like to take an image of this pc as a reference PC.

But when I boot the client through PXEBoot it comes up with the abortpxe message.

When you say my wims, When I go to boot images I check my data source tab and saw my x86 and x64 wims has been advertised to pxe service point if this what u mean?

What else I should check?

Regards,

Think you are trying to capture the wrong way!!

First of all you dont boot the reference machine to PXE to capture it....you only boot to recieve an OSD deployment triggered via SCCM task sequence.

Have you never created a capture media CD/USB?

Basically you do this via the Task sequences node.

Once created you have your reference machine logged into windows and you run the CD\USB directly in windows......this will sysprep the machine and then continue to capture it to designated directory specified during the initial setup of the capture media!!

Do you not do it this way??

Rocket Man

I now understand the procedure Thanks for your help.

I have another small problem, I am trying to build and capture new OS. I created new collection with one imported PC on that collection and deployed OS build and capture task for this device.

I set the DHCP scope 66 and 67 which is 66 for my scccm ip and 67 SMSBoot\x86\wdsnbp.com.

The client when it boots to pxe it still requires F12 intervention If I want to get rid of this requirement how can I do this?

Regards,

The x64 is a normal process.........I think your PXE is not set up properly when it still asks for a f12 after recieveing the PXE advertisement.

The only time it should do this is if and when you have advertised available(not required) OSD task sequences. Once f12 is pressed then it will give you a the list of task sequences to choose from.

You are making this process you are trying to achieve required and not available??

I have asked is your DHCP server on the same server as your SCCM/PXE service point?

Rocket Man

I have asked is your DHCP server on the same server as your SCCM/PXE service point?

Rocket Man

My DHCP Server located on another server not on the same server.

Thanks for the Tip you saved my day once I changed my task to required than it passed automatically without asking F12.