gokhan76

Cannot Capture with Capture Media....

Hi I created a Capture Media Iso image for the reference PC.

I than mount the CD on the image I newly installed and somehow TSMBAUTORUN.exe didn't work.

I found some solution from Technet regards to the path of files which fixed this problem I was able to run the TSMBAURORUN through command prompt only.

When TSMBAUTORUN was run It came up with the wizard I put the image location to the SCCM server under reminst\image saved the image than started doing the sysprep task which was saying prepare operating system.

It stayed there about 2 minutes and just popped up with dialog with interactive services detection message. I than disable this service thinking it was causing a problem.

Started task again, prepare operating system sysprep procedure run again and it did not pass this screen at all..

What is the problem here anyone can give me an idea please?

Regards,

post-17337-0-04415700-1346575516_thumb.jpg

I would not direct the soon to be captured image in the REMINST\IMages folder for starters.....Create a new Directory and give the network access account you configured full access to it.......this is not your problem though........Is the capture media created properly?

I ask, have you no external CD drive that you could plug into the machine you are trying to sysprep....just to rule the command you entered out of the equation!

I take it this is why you are mounting the image rather than burning it to CD.

Rocket Man

I created the capture media from Create capture media Task sequence,

I put the iso file on virtual box cd drive which should be ok just same as normal CD.

So the CD should work the same as normal CD just like the burned copy but somehow the paths has got a bug on this.

I changed the path to my SAN device now as you suggested still does not pass the sysprep process hangs there,

So the machine is a virtual machine you are trying to capture?

I also have had to put in this command in before when I mount the SysPrep image to a Hyper-V VM to capture it with no problems.......Have you tried the capture media on a different machine?

What exactly was the error you recieved the first time about interactive services??

Is this the Virtual integration you can apply to Virtual Machines?

I would create a new VM(if it is a VM you are trying to capture).

How long do you leave it for before you are diagnosoing it as an error?

It should not take long(1-2mins max) if it is just a base image with no software.....can be alot longer sometimes if software is installed.

And just one more thing....this is a brand new image and not an image that has been sysprep'd 3 times before??

Rocket Man

Ok what I have done now I removed the VM and created new Image.

I am going to try to take the image now but one more question: before running the CD do I need to do sysprep with build in sysprep command also???

It is just a base no softwares at all windows 7 enterprise with SP1 thats all.

Regards,

What command are you running at the moment........Are you pointing the command to the TSMBAUTORUN.exe

sms\bin\i386 smbautorun.exe

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5070-how-can-i-capture-an-image-using-capture-media-in-configmgr-2012/

I think waht you are trying to ask me is if you need to run the built-in windows7 sysprep tool prior to this....if so the answer is NO...the TSMBAUTRUN.exe is all you have to run on the live OS.

Let me know how the new VM works for you.

Cheers

Rocket Man

Had posted the above before I seen your last reply..

Good stuff

Sometimes the Virtual network NIC can get screwed up on a VM......If it happens again just remove the NIC and add a new one...may not have to create a full new machine by doing this.

Happy capturing

Rocket Man

Rocket Man

I need help again, I am deploying the wim image which I captured previously to the same PC with partition and format option when it boots to PE, it restarts just after preparing network settings and PXE fails on the second restart.

Is this a normal behavior or my advertisement is wrong also do I need to set these USMT options like capturing user settings and network settings and etc...

Thanks.