Jump to content


P@docIT

ConfigMgr 2012 not downloading Software Updates

Recommended Posts

I setup a test lab using Hyper-V and following the guides here. Everything seems to have gone OK, however I tried deploying software updates to my test client and get what you see in the screenshot below. I tried tracking down a log file that might tell me what is going on however nothing jumped out at me. The client has a few software update logs but I'm not seeing any errors in any of them.

 

post-10749-0-97382500-1346714361_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I got it working. Not exactly sure what did it. I changed my boundary from active directory to IP subnet. I also added my DP to a DPG. I deleted my old Software Update Deployment and created a new one. So not sure which of those things fixed the issue but we're cooking now. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was showing that status for like a day and a half, I started the deployment on 9/2 in the morning and by 9/3 at almost 8pm It still showed downloading 0%. I only have one server. I did a stand alone primary site which is also my only DP as I am just using this test lab to learn configmgr 2012. I'm only pushing items to one workstation. After making the changes i noted above it worked instantly. My guess is the boundary.

 

P.S. I just picked up System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (SCCM) Unleashed because I saw you were listed as a contributor. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to add that I was running into the same problem. Application deployment worked just fine, but software updates would be seen and stuck at the Downloading (0%) complete for days when the content was on the DP. It is a bounary problem. I had a AD Site boundary created from the Forest Discovery, this boundary was a member of the Boundary group and the clients were getting the proper assignement.

After fighting this for about a week I re-read the section on seting up the Boundaries and saw the note about using subnets and why they can be evil. Switched the auto Creation boxes, added the new IP ranges to the boundary group, repushed the updates and it works like a charm.

 

*Edit* After further mucking about the issue for me was that the DP wasn't in a DP group. Once it was and the updates were deployed to that they would install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...