anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

I've noticed a couple of errors in my smsts.log file:

1. unknown host (gethostbyname failed)

2. sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7

3. Failed to get information from MP: http://SCCM01.contoso.com. 80072ee7

I have no idea how the 3rd error is even listed. SCCM01.contoso.com is in my development environment and has nothing to do with my production environment, in fact, they aren't even on the same network.

I was able to get past this error but now I am receiving an error when applying the operating system. Error 0x800700002. I have attached my log file.

I was able to get past this error but now I am receiving an error when applying the operating system. Error 0x800700002. I have attached my log file.

Resolved this issue by resetting the Network Access Account. I noticed something strange with regards to this. When using a particular Network Access Account it gives you an option to "verify" a share. I noticed that even if I put in the incorrect password, it still was able to verify access. Not sure if that is a bug or the way in which it was designed.

I've noticed a couple of errors in my smsts.log file:

1. unknown host (gethostbyname failed)

2. sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7

3. Failed to get information from MP: http://SCCM01.contoso.com. 80072ee7

I have no idea how the 3rd error is even listed. SCCM01.contoso.com is in my development environment and has nothing to do with my production environment, in fact, they aren't even on the same network.

Hi hhancock:

I got same error in smsts. Could you tell me how to pass it? Thanks.

those look like DNS issues (or lack of network connectivity

can you bring up a command prompt during the task sequence (press f8) when it fails and ping the FQDN of the management point ?

those look like DNS issues (or lack of network connectivity

can you bring up a command prompt during the task sequence (press f8) when it fails and ping the FQDN of the management point ?

Hi anyweb:

Thanks a lot for your reply :) You are right. In cmd, I can not ping FQDN of the managemnet point :(

anyweb,

It does not seem that the Capture is working. After the task sequence is run, there is no Capturing status bar, and the WIM file does not appear in the directory referenced by the task sequence.

Basically, I spent like 4 hours configuring a laptop to obtain this WIM that I thought would be created and now its gone forever.

What do you need to help me figure out why the task sequence is not capturing the system image?

Thank you in advance.

[in a later part of this series we will deploy the captured image using a separate task sequence, and customize it to work with different hardware, add some applications and windows updates.

Hi!

You wrote at the end of the tip that sentence. Is it already available that part?

Thanks in advance!

anyweb,

It does not seem that the Capture is working. After the task sequence is run, there is no Capturing status bar, and the WIM file does not appear in the directory referenced by the task sequence.

Basically, I spent like 4 hours configuring a laptop to obtain this WIM that I thought would be created and now its gone forever.

What do you need to help me figure out why the task sequence is not capturing the system image?

Thank you in advance.

If I edit the task sequence, and DISABLE the BUILD THE REFERENCE MACHINE, but leave the Capture the reference machine enabled, the task sequence fails with error code 0x00000032