anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

ok i meant to create the keys only if you deleted the collection, but at least you can see your collections even if you have one extra now...

back to square one, as you probably don't see any Unknown computers listed, what happens when you PXE boot now ?

Hey AnyWeb,

Are you able to help out with this issue, it seems to be related..

The Issue i have, is the TS will fail on just after the "Welcome to the TS Wizard" Screen, as i enter the password, it'll fail and throw the generic error 0x80004005.

However then if i try it again mins later i'll be able to select the TS and actually install Windows,

- However looking at the deployments monitoring in the SCCM Console it just sits in "In Progress" and then goes to "Failed" - However Windows has been installed.

SCCM 2012 Environment. (mixed mode)

1 Primary Server

4 Secondary Server

• All packages/software have been distributed to all locations.
  • Boundary Point has been setup for 1 of the secondary servers and attached to a Boundary Group. (that site is being used for content location)
  • Network Account has been setup and i've confirmed it's the right password (however after i close and open it again and verify a second time it detects as incorrect password, i believe this is because it encrypts the password after i close it the first time?

I'm using Hyper V clients to test the TS on, the TS is basically just the Standard TS you make. (Windows only, with Serial inserted into the serial field)

I've already changed their disks to fixed size and increased the ram on them and checked the BIOS time is correct. - However this has had no affect.

I've attached the SMSTS Log... please help :)

SMSTS.txt

Have you tried recreating the Task Sequence and redeploying it?

I will t

Hey AnyWeb,

Are you able to help out with this issue, it seems to be related..

The Issue i have, is the TS will fail on just after the "Welcome to the TS Wizard" Screen, as i enter the password, it'll fail and throw the generic error 0x80004005.

However then if i try it again mins later i'll be able to select the TS and actually install Windows,

- However looking at the deployments monitoring in the SCCM Console it just sits in "In Progress" and then goes to "Failed" - However Windows has been installed.

SCCM 2012 Environment. (mixed mode)

1 Primary Server

4 Secondary Server

• All packages/software have been distributed to all locations.
  • Boundary Point has been setup for 1 of the secondary servers and attached to a Boundary Group. (that site is being used for content location)
  • Network Account has been setup and i've confirmed it's the right password (however after i close and open it again and verify a second time it detects as incorrect password, i believe this is because it encrypts the password after i close it the first time?

I'm using Hyper V clients to test the TS on, the TS is basically just the Standard TS you make. (Windows only, with Serial inserted into the serial field)

I've already changed their disks to fixed size and increased the ram on them and checked the BIOS time is correct. - However this has had no affect.

I've attached the SMSTS Log... please help :)

Have you tried recreating the task sequence and then redeploying it to the collection in question? Generally, error 0x80070002 is related to the Network Access Account. I think the error you've listed is specific to the actual task sequence.

After looking at your SMSTS.log file it appears that it might actually be your Network Access Account:

<![LOG[invalid password. Please confirm the media password and enter it again.

The specified network password is not correct. (Error: 80070056; Source: Windows)]LOG]!><time="22:20:34.515+480" date="10-31-2012" component="TSPxe" context="" type="3" thread="892" file="tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp:283">

Go back into the Software Distribution properties and make sure that you have specified the correct credentials. One thing I've noticed with the "Verify" portion of this dialog box is that even if you put in the incorrect password, it will still verify the network path. I don't think it actually checks the credentials against the share, it simply verifies that the network path you supplied is valid.

post-15358-0-76079300-1351691600_thumb.png

This is driving me mad.

I've tried everything i can think of.

- Recreated the TS

- Removed Network Access Account and Re added in software Distribution

- Changed Deployment type of the TS to Access Content Directly

- Changed Deployment type of the TS to download content

- Disabled SHA-256

Tested Deployments on 2 Hyper-V vm's in the same collection with the same TS advertised.

The first one managed to load the TS information and run the TS, however failed with error 080090005 trying to install drivers, restarted and installed client, seemed to be ok. (see attached smsts_SEMIFAILED.log)

The second one was not able to load the TS information and failed straight after entering the PXE password for the TS welcome screen (see attached smsts_failed.log)

Both of these were run at roughly the same time, both Hyper-V vm's are located in the same subnet as the Secondary Server.

I believe the permissions should be fine considering it is able to successfully load the TS and start installing 50% of the time.

It's almost as if its not able to download the policy information from the Management Point, however i've checked in AD, System>System Management Container and there is an entry for the Management Poitn for the secondary server in there.

Looking at my Site Status logs for the Management point for the Secondary Site looks ok, however i notice in the size column there is 0 Bytes, however there is plenty of free space on the server.

anyone have any ideas?

smsts_Failed.log

smsts_SEMIFAILED.log

ok i meant to create the keys only if you deleted the collection, but at least you can see your collections even if you have one extra now...

back to square one, as you probably don't see any Unknown computers listed, what happens when you PXE boot now ?

Working perfectly now. Thanks for all your help.

Vince

I'm trying to deploy and capture W7 to a machine that already has W7 installed. My goal is to install W7SP1 along with all required updates and MSOffice2010. I hoped to capture this image and deploy it to several dozen brand new W7 machines. I followed the process described in this post, but for some reason I cannt boot my W7 machine to PXE. I tested the same process with an XP machine that already had SCCM client installed and it worked to upgrade it running the same settings I had for this task sequence. I don't have Legacy Netowrk device available in the boot order menu. I just have Network Adapter, which I chose. Booting with F12 gives me the PXE-E53 (no boot filename received) and PXE-M0F during PXE boot. What am I doing wrong? Please give me some idea. I see no errors in the SMSPXE.log.

Thanks,

Hi everyone

I'm trying to build and capture Win7 Ent x64 from a virtual machine

but during Preparing OS task (running sysprep command) i'm getting an error 0x00000002

I've configured everything in according with this guide. Can someone please help me with this problem?