anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

Hi,

Thank you for the guide, its been most helpful.

Could you please help and advise me if there is something i am doing incorrectly?

I have followed the steps above and the build and capture appears to complete succesfully. However, the local administrator password i type into the Task Sequences do not appear to be applied during either process (although the workgroup values i entered are applied).

-When the build process finishes i am presented with a logon screen that requires the administrator password but its not the value i entered into the Task Sequence.

I am trying to build and capture Windows 7.

Thanks in advance (sorry if this has been asked elsewhere)

Hi,

I was able to build and capture my win7 image following this article, but when I try to add any additional steps to the TS it fails on those steps (deploy applications or install software updates).

My deployed software works fine for installing via Application Catalog, but it fails if I try to install it during the Build and Capture process.

Are there any special requirements for deploying applications during build and capture?

You instructions have always been great but I simply cannot find how to perform step 10 - Import Computer Information . If I go to Assets&Compliance -- Operating System Deployment -- Windows 7--- Build Windows 7 (device list) the Import Computer Information icon appears as greyed out then disappears. I must be missing something obvious. Is there some role i'm missing ?

It must be something silly but I poured over this for hours. Help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I'm following part 7 but after page 11, when I checked SMSProv.log, got lot of error, not able to attach the file, so coping the errors in below:

*~*~e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\siteserver\sdk_provider\smsprov\sspimagepackage.cpp(571) : Failed to get the image property from the source WIM file due to error 80070032~*~* SMS Provider 12/12/2012 3:22:59 PM 7492 (0x1D44)

*~*~Failed to get the image property from the source WIM file due to error 80070032 ~*~* SMS Provider 12/12/2012 3:22:59 PM 7492 (0x1D44)

Execute SQL =select all SMS_ObjectContentInfo.DateCreated,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.Description,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.FeatureType,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.LastUpdateDate,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.NumberErrors,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.NumberInProgress,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.NumberInstalled,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.NumberUnknown,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectID,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectType,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectTypeID,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.PackageID,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.SoftwareName,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.SourceSite,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.SourceSize,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.SourceVersion,SMS_ObjectContentInfo.Targeted from fn_ListObjectContentInfo(1033) AS SMS_ObjectContentInfo where SMS_ObjectContentInfo.ObjectID = N'MPH00003' SMS Provider 12/12/2012 6:46:29 PM 2688 (0x0A80)

Error setting property (TransformReadiness) 0x80041002! SMS Provider 12/12/2012 6:46:36 PM 2688 (0x0A80)

Not able to understand the reason, pls advise..............

Thanks,

Ashish Gupta

I have looked at this process over and over again....And it works up the point where I reboot my VM, then I always get an error, that it downloaded the abortpxe.com file.

I usually solve this issue by clearing pxe requirements and deleting the computer account out of sccm, but the process in this article is to import the machine info first.