anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

Ok, I am getting the same error message as Lowboost. In my case I think I know what my problem is. I believe my install.wim contains 4 different operating systems. From W7 Home to W7 Ultimate. I'm trying to push out Ultimate but I'm not sure the files for that are getting to the DP. Not sure how to get around this. I'm using Sccm 2012 SP1

Attached is the log file from x:\windows\temp

Thanks for all and any comments or suggestions

smsts3.txt

DancingFerret:

Thanks for the info. I allowed anonymous access to DP, and created a new root folder share.

* UPDATE *

As this is becoming very frustrating (almost 2 weeks into this) I copied my source files again, created new system images, system installers, task sequences, used my domain admin account instead of sccmnas account, and tried again.

Now the TS goes further. After downloading the source files, I see the Windows background change, then says Setting up Windows and Configuration Manager, the background changes again to SCCM 2012 and the TS errors out.

Error code: 0x80004005

I have attached a copy of my smsts.log as I don't seem to find an error. :(

* UPDATE 2 *

I attached a copy of the smsts.log under X:\windows\temp. This one shows an error during "Setup Windows and Configuration Manager".

oh yeah, forgot something to add, which may be your issue, and which I also had. (i'll edit my section if possible

In task sequences, for the Config Manager client task, remove any syntax, eg: SMSMP =xxxx , leave the options section completely blank.

My reason, as we are only doing a capture there is no reason to have any MP's etc defined, that can be done in a deployment later on.

Ok, I am getting the same error message as Lowboost. In my case I think I know what my problem is. I believe my install.wim contains 4 different operating systems. From W7 Home to W7 Ultimate. I'm trying to push out Ultimate but I'm not sure the files for that are getting to the DP. Not sure how to get around this. I'm using Sccm 2012 SP1

Attached is the log file from x:\windows\temp

Thanks for all and any comments or suggestions

see my post from yesterday... yours cannot find the OS, so either it's not distributed or you also need to allow "annonymous client access " on your DP

Following on from my previous message, I have managed to locate my SMSTSlog (attached).

The machine is still rebooting after I am entering the TS password. I have followed these excellent guides pretty much word for word.

SCCM%20TS%20Failure.jpg

Thank you.

can you ping the full FQDN? I also see you are usig certs, check that you don't have a cert prob.

Have you re-distributed your sources? (OS installers, OS Images)

I also created new task sequences, confirmed NAS account was configured and have access to path.

I believe my problem is drivers. (I was under the impression I would not need drivers for a VMware VM)

can you ping the full FQDN? I also see you are usig certs, check that you don't have a cert prob.

Hi Dancing Ferret. You were correct and I was not able to ping the FQDN. The issue was a DHCP issue.

The following link helped me sort the issue.

http://www.danielclasson.com/80072ee/

Thans for your assistance.

Hello All, I was wondering if someone could give me a hand with an issue I've been having.

My task sequence keeps failing when it gets to the point of "Applying Operating System" the error code is 0x080070002. When i press F8 and use CMTrace to look at the SMSTS.log file it shows no errors. It's almost like right after the boot image is loaded it fails. I was wondering if anyone had an idea what could cause this to happen.

Things I've done so far:

• Deleted the Task Sequence and the Windows 7 installation files
  • Recreated both the task sequence and Windows 7 Package in the correct order
  • I've tried using the built in Client Configuration Manager installer as well as Making my own Client Configuration Manager Package. (I've read this can make it fail)
  • When the task sequence fails I've checked to see if i have an IP address by running ipconfig, as well as pinged other computers on the network.
  • Removed and redeployed the task sequences.
  • I've made sure the network access account can access the shares it needs
  • Verified the OS fully transferred to the Primary site from the CAS
  • Tested it (the build&capture) on two different machines with the same results

Questions:

• Right now the physical PC that I'm using to test the deployment on doesn't have an OS anymore because the Task Sequence has partitioned the drive. Does that matter?
  • WDS got installed on my CAS somehow but the service wasn't started, so I removed that role, would that cause any issues?

Any help would be very much appreciated I have not the slightest clue what this could be.

Configuration:

CAS - Server 08 R2 - SCCM 2012 - Database Resides on a separate server running SQL08 R2

1st Primary SIte - Server 08 R2 - SCCM 2012 - Database Resides on a separate server running SQL08 R2

2nd Primary Site - Server 08 R2 - SCCM 2012 - Database Resides on a separate server running SQL08 R2

Test PC - Win7 Pro x64 SP1

Thanks again.

UPDATE:

So yesterday I was looking at the wrong SMSTS.log file. turns out the file I needed to be looking at was the SMSTS.Log file that is created on the C: partition. Anyhow, I've updated the log file with the current one. No the issue is its trying to connect to an SMSPKGE$\CAS00012 share.

When I try to access that share from within CMD on the box that is having issues using NET USE I get "The network name cannot be found" but I can navigate to that share from any other computer using UNC. Im able to ping my DP but cant access that share from the Testbox...

UPDATE #2:

I have solved this issue by switching the NAA and bouncing the server. I was receiving an error on the server itself saying "Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again." Once did that everything worked out just fine.

Than you all for this wonderful site! I don't think I would have made it with it!

Anyone with a lab (or production) with VMWare VMs? I believe I have spent enough days now to determine my problem is drivers.

I have done my homework on how to add VMWare Tools drivers to WinPE, but none of my VMs have a ./Program Files/VMWare/Drivers folder. :(

Any suggestion on how can I get past this? If I go through the "hassle" of setting up a Hyper-V server.. will I have the same drivers issue? Is there anything I may be missing?

post-18979-0-01900200-1360275861_thumb.jpg

post-18979-0-24727600-1360276076_thumb.jpg